Discover Parallels Desktop for Mac
Parallels Desktop for Mac is simply the world’s bestselling, top-rated, and most trusted solution for running Windows applications on your Mac. With Parallels Desktop for Mac, you can seamlessly run both Windows and Mac OS X applications side-by-side with speed, control and confidence.
Parallels Desktop v6.0.11822 Mac OSX-iND | 204.14 MB
Experience dramatic improvements in 3D graphics rendering, battery life and security when you boot up a virtual machine with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac. The new 64-bit engine lets you take full advantage of the power of your Mac, and the improved look and feel lets you have as much Mac as you want — even when you need to use Windows. Best of all, with Parallels Desktop 6, you can run Windows and Mac applications side-by-side without ever having to reboot.
Immersive Gaming and Graphics
Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac delivers an immersive environment for gaming, music, movies, and more with support for Surround Sound 5.1 and superior 3D graphics rendering speeds.
Enhanced! 3D Graphics
Give your Mac a Windows 3D graphics experience that’s unlike anything else! Use a wide variety of design programs and games with DirectX 9.0c/9Ex and Shader Model 3 support.
* 80% faster 3D graphics in the Coherence, Full Screen, and Window modes
* Up to 80% faster than in Parallels Desktop 5
* Parallels Desktop 6 boots Windows more than 2 times faster than Fusion 3.1**
* Parallels Desktop 6 scores more than 2 times better on 3D graphics than Fusion 3.1*
* 3D and graphics performance tests conducted with 3DMark 2006 Professional. Select tests by Crimson Consulting Group, July 2010.
** Select tests by Crimson Consulting Group, July 2010.
Seamless Gaming and Video Action
Enjoy more life-like visual action and play a wider range of Direct X games.
* Enhanced DirectX 9 support for better gaming experience
* Support for OpenGL extensions available in Mac OS X v10.6.4 Snow Leopard
* Support for Xorg 1.8 in Linux virtual machines, including Fedora 13 and Open SUSE 11.3
* Fixed OpenGL support in Ubuntu 10.04 virtual machines
VM Config - Sound
New! Surround Sound 5.1
Immerse yourself in games, movies, and music with Surround Sound 5.1 support for Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista: use any external Surround Sound 5.1 USB or FireWire device simultaneously in your Mac and the virtual machine.
Simple, Smart, Seamless
Setting up and using your virtual machine is easier than ever, whether you are a hard-core Mac enthusiast, a multi-platform pro or are moving to a Mac for the first time.
New VM Integration
More Mac-Like Appearance
Work the way that’s best for you with a custom blend of how much Windows and Mac you want. Use Apple gestures in Windows apps, map your keyboard shortcuts or use Apple Remote to control Windows apps. Even use OS X keyboard shortcuts in Windows applications.
* Improved user interface and new look and feel
* Redesigned USB connection dialog makes connecting USB devices simpler than ever
* Preferences dialog has been simplified and now fully conforms to the Mac OS style
* Virtual machine configuration dialog has been simplified and redesigned.
* Crystal mode is an extension for Coherence.
* Improved animation when switching between the Coherence, Full Screen, and Window modes.
Improved Logic Between Windows and Mac
Setup and manage multiple virtual machines on your Mac more efficiently with better control over your Boot Camp partitions, your open windows in Expose, and Active Corners.
* Boot Camp virtual machines can now be freely suspended and then safely resumed
* TimeMachine backups can now be synced with SmartGuard snapshots, to reduce the space required for backups
* Keyboard shortcut (F6 or Fn + F6) for hiding/showing Parallels Desktop and all its windows
* Import of third-party virtual machines has been integrated into the main application: now it’s available through the File > Open menu
* Parallels Image Tool has been integrated into the main application: now all its functions are available in the Virtual Machine Configuration dialog
* Parallels Transporter is now accessible through the "Import Virtual Machines" option on the Welcome Screen or the File > Import menu
* Open your Windows applications without seeing Parallels Desktop interface elements even when your virtual machine is powered off
* Shut down Windows and its applications in Coherence without seeing Parallels Desktop interface elements
* Automatic generation of support code for easier access to Parallels Support
* Improved support for Boot Camp partitions using multiple disks
* Automatic SmartGuard snapshots taken after a timeout if the user does not respond to the prompts
* Improved active screen corners behavior in Full Screen mode
* Scaling of the virtual machine screen when its window is resized, if Parallels Tools are not installed or inactive
* Windows applications can be set as the default applications for handling CDs and DVDs inserted into the Mac
* The Num Lock key was added to the Send Keys menu.
Enhanced! Windows Applications in Your Dock and Spotlight
Windows 7 icons in the dock behave like true Windows 7 icons with support for Jump Lists, progress indicators and duplicate app icons being grouped to one icon in the Dock. And, with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac, you can search for your Windows programs with Spotlight.
* Windows Applications folders in the Dock now contain "My Computer", "Control Panel" and other useful shortcuts that are usually present in the Windows Start menu
* Windows 7 Jump Lists are supported for Windows applications in the Dock: view your recent documents by right-clicking the application icon in the Dock
* Applications icons in the Windows Applications folders are no longer marked with black arrows
* Windows Applications folders don't reappear in the Dock after you remove them manually
* Spotlight search support for Windows applications
* Progress for downloads and other operations is now displayed on the Windows 7 applications icons in the Dock
* Grouping of all windows of a single Windows application under the same application icon in the Dock
* Windows applications icons can be configured not to appear in the Dock using the "Show icons in Dock" option in the virtual machine configuration
New! Mac Keyboard Shortcuts in Coherence Mode
Don’t worry about learning Windows keyboard shortcuts. Use Mac OSX keyboard shortcuts to make Windows applications work the way you do.
* Mac OS shortcuts (Cmd+W, Cmd+Q, Cmd+~, Cmd+M, Cmd+H, Cmd +Alt+H) can be used to manage Windows applications when using Crystal mode
* Arrow icon in the Mac menu bar for customizing Windows tray icons in Coherence
* "Formatted Text" and "Shared Clipboard" options can now be disabled via the Virtual Machine Configuration dialog
Enhanced! Smoother Transition from Other Virtual Machines
Bring all of your virtual machines into Parallels Desktop 6 for a better experience.
* Supports import of Boot Camp partition into a Parallels virtual machine
* Supports import of Virtual Box 3.1.2 and 3.1.4 virtual machines
* Faster and smoother import of VMware and Virtual PC virtual machines
Manageability and Mobility
Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac includes all-new features for protecting your Mac, your virtual machine, your data and your family – wherever you roam.
New! Parallels Mobile App
Enjoy full access and control of your virtual machine from wherever you are with our new iPhone/iPad app. Access and use programs in a virtual machine remotely, even if you are not on the same network as your Mac.
New! Encryption for Windows Programs on Your Mac
Get improved data security with fast virtual machine encryption with Intel AES-NI.
New! Mac OS Parental Controls Apply to Windows Programs
Have peace of mind if multiple people use one Mac. Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac automatically applies the same parental controls you set for your Mac to your Windows applications. Any restrictions set for the Mac OS will also be enforced in the virtual machine.
New! Mac OS Access Controls Apply to Windows Programs
Have more than one person using the same Mac? Make sure it stays just the way you set it up. Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac automatically applies the same access settings on your Mac to your Windows applications and gives you the ability to lock it down. Any restrictions set for the Mac OS will also be enforced in the virtual machine.
You don’t need to be an IT Pro to appreciate the dramatically improved battery life, full 64-bit power and security available in the virtual machines you create with Parallels Desktop 6 for Mac.
1. Unpack and install Parallels Desktop.
2. Register with provided serial.