Papers · your personal library of research: Repository of knowledge, Search article repositories and download articles without leaving Papers, All your papers at a glance, Papers lets you view, browse and search your library, iTunes style. Smart groups. Collect your articles together or create smart groups that are always up to date.
* Import: Simply drag and drop your PDFs to import them into Papers, or import from Endnote or a BibTeX file.
* Searching: Search through the world’s largest article repositories direct from within Papers.
* Collections: Organize your library by topic, project or anything else, with help of manual and smart collections.
* Tabs: Open multiple articles in different tabs for easy comparison and uncluttered reading.
* Spotlight: Find the article you’re looking for by just typing the first few characters of the name, author or journal.
* Full screen: Forget about printing on paper and read your articles undisturbed in fullscreen mode.
* Authors & journals: Browse your library by author or journal, and check for recent articles you don’t yet have.
* Sharing: Sharing an article by email with your colleagues only takes a single click.
* Syncing: Select the articles you wish to sync and take your library everywhere you go with Papers for iPhone.
* Help center: Find the latest news and the answers to your questions in the built-in help center.
notes inspector is back by popular demand
type-select in tableviews is back
citekeys are now dynamic (change along with metadata) until they are used in a BibTeX related function, which will freeze them at this point.
citekey column now shows a citekey for all publications
custom citekeys are now checked for uniqueness upon editing in the inspector
added ability to unlock a frozen citekey
document numbers are now auto-generated if enabled
chapters now allow setting of the booktitle without the need to create a book
chapters now show up correctly in my papers folder, subcollections and various other locations/situations
chapters are now correctly queried for metadata in crossref
the author editor in the inspector now supports paste
tabs can now be dragged again onto collections to add the displayed publication to that collection
proper handling of the book title in CSL for “book-less” chapters
manuscripts: the “Insert Citekey” option is now first when the “Allow citekey insertion” is set in the preferences
manuscripts: LibreOffice now recognized for direct insertion of formatted references or citekey
manuscripts: fix bug where BibTeX would continue to be used even after changing the citekey format in the preferences
manuscripts: fix bug where documents from Scrivener or similarly-supported apps would lose track of previously inserted citations
addition of a maintenance mode with rebuild spotlight index option
added missing metadata fields to chapters and edits are now propagated where appropriate
added warning before deleting supplemental data
added PDF Files only import
added export to Bookends option
fullscreen mode now shows the correct menus
stricter duplicate detection to reduce false duplicate detection
escape key now hides keyword and author selectors and no longer causes main window to hide
manual activation now possible
library backups are now stored in the backups folder and cleaned up automatically
bibtex exporter now allows exporting of Papers1 citekeys
bibtex exporter now allows choice between full and abbreviated journal names
pubmed search engine now trims periods from journal titles
better handling of incorrectly placed issn numbers in isbn fields of endnote xml files
matching should no longer erase keywords
migration should better preserve publication type info
fixed various iOS sync related issues
fixed an issue with downloading of JSTOR PDFs
fixed an issue where editing the version number would repeatedly prepend “Version:”
fixed an issue where thesis supervisors would be incorrectly tagged as committee members
fixed an issue where the type could not be changed for chapters
fixed a number of issues with bibtex export format
fixed sorting on author if only showing last author (note that this mode is slower though)
fixed a code signing issue
Mac OS X 10.5 users should now receive a warning Papers2 is not compatible with their system
PPC / Intel
Mac OS X 10.6 or later