OOTP 12 is the closest most people can get to being the general manager of a real baseball team. Handle GM tasks like drafts, trades, scouting, waivers, team finances and personnel. Negotiate player contracts. Or, dive into the more hands-on management and set your team's lineups, pitching staffs, and in-game strategy. You can oversee your league at a high level, or play out each game, managing pitch by pitch.
Out of the Park Baseball v12.5.44 [Intel/K]
Out of the Park Baseball 12 is an award-winning baseball simulation that GameSpot called "the best baseball management sim out there". OOTP offers unparalleled flexibility in creating your own baseball world. Play solo with a baseball world of your own creation: make a simple, 8-team league, play a typical major league game with 2011 rosters, create a historical league with real players from any year between 1871 and 2010 or build an enormous world with baseball leagues in multiple countries. For the ultimate challenge, join an online league and test your mettle against other human players!
Players in OOTP are rated across multiple skills, and include individual personalities and custom faces created with FaceGen technology. OOTP players progress realistically over time. Try to build a team through the draft, or try to sign big free agents to put you over the top! OOTP also has a powerful news engine that generates personal messages and news articles. Behind all of this is an incredibly powerful statistical engine that tracks an enormous number of statistics for each player in your world. Want to know how your star hitter is doing against righties with runners in scoring position? No problem!
New Features in OOTP 12
- 2011 Opening Day major leagues roster set
- New financial system & contract negotiations
- Great league newspaper screen
- New international scouting
- More realistic historical leagues with real life transactions & lineups
- Brand new AI engine & improvements
- Much more, over 100 new features & improvements
We were investigating some OOTP 11 league conversion problems and introduced a new database purge function in the process, so we decided to release yet another small update, version 12.5.44.
It fixes the following compared to version 12.5.38:
- Added "Purge database" function to database info page. This removes 'deleted' teams and players from the game and hence reduces file size. This is a very complex operation, use at your own risk and never without backing up your league files.
- Improved historical simulation accuracy.
- Fixed some minor bugs
Here is the complete changelist compared to version 12.4.27:
- Added an "Offseason Summary" to the Offseason Center which lists players added/lost during the offseason for each team, along with WAR and team leaderboard for WAR added.
- Added a "GM Transactions History" section to the Manager History screen. It lists all major transactions made for the teams you were in charge of. This only applies for transactions happening after using this patch.
- Added a "Preseason Predictions Report", listing projected standings and a top 10 hitters & pitchers list for each sub-league. It gets generated on the first day of Spring Training and is available from both the league menu or the Spring Training screen. For leagues without Spring Training it is available in the league reports screen on Opening Day.
- Added functions to add states and edit state names in the nations editor
- Decreased effect on fan interest of players signing/leaving
- Tweaked formula that determines FA compensation status to make the number of Type A & B FA's more realistic
- Added "FA type" as a possible column to sortable player lists. For this to show up, the user has to delete his \tables folder inside the OOTP 12 user data folder (i.e. My Documents\ OOTP Developments\OOTP 12\)
- First year player draftees no longer change their bonus demand after being drafted unless they are drafted far higher than expected.
- Improved roster AI
- Added the option to disable delayed injury diagnosis
- OOTP will load and display news from the OOTP Developments server on startup (can be disabled in preferences dialog)
- OOTP 12 is now tracking how you play the game, i.e. which screens you visit most frequently (disabled by default, please enable it because it will help us to improve OOTP). The data tracked is 100% anonymous.
- Fixed several bugs and minor issues