Various Artists - Sound City - Real to Reel  [Soundtrack]
sony / CD
MP3 / V0 (VBR)
Sound City - Real To Reel is a brand new collection of all-new all-original songs, each one composed and recorded exclusively for the film within its own 24-hour session on that console after it was reinstalled in Grohl and his Foo Fighters' own 606 Studios. The new tracks - featuring an amazing and idiosyncratic cast of collaborators including Paul McCartney, Grohl's former Nirvana and current Foo Fighters bandmates, Stevie Nicks, Rick Springfield, Trent Reznor, Joshua Homme of Queens of the Stone Age, Rick Nielsen of Cheap Trick, Lee Ving of Fear, Corey Taylor of Slipknot, Brad Wilk and Tim Commerford of Rage Against The Machine and more - passionately exemplify SOUND CITY's celebration of the human element of musicianship and recording in an increasingly digital world.
Sound City: Real to Reel is the official soundtrack of the documentary. It will be officially released on March 12, 2013. The songs "Cut Me Some Slack", "From Can to Can't", "You Can't Fix This" and "Mantra" were made available on Sound City's official YouTube channel on December 14, 2012, January 15, 2013, February 15, 2013 and March 8, 2013 respectively.
1. Heaven and All – Robert Levon Been, Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes
2. Time Slowing Down – Tim Commerford, Chris Goss, Grohl, Brad Wilk
3. You Can't Fix This – Grohl, Taylor Hawkins, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks
4. The Man That Never Was – Grohl, Hawkins, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield
5. Your Wife Is Calling – Grohl, Hawkins, Alain Johannes, Smear, Lee Ving
6. From Can to Can't – Grohl, Rick Nielsen, Scott Reeder, Corey Taylor
7. Centipede – Goss, Grohl, Johannes, Joshua Homme
8. A Trick with No Sleeve – Grohl, Homme, Johannes
9. Cut Me Some Slack – Grohl, Paul McCartney, Novoselic, Smear
10. If I Were Me – Jessy Greene, Grohl, Jaffee, Jim Keltner
11. Mantra – Grohl, Homme, Trent Reznor