Various Artists - Inside Llewyn Davis: Original Soundtrack Recording  [Soundtrack]
Nonesuch Records / CD
MP3 / V0 (VBR)
Nonesuch Records releases the soundtrack to "Inside Llewyn Davis. " Written and directed by Academy Award winners Joel and Ethan Coen and produced by Scott Rudin and Joel and Ethan Coen, the film stars Oscar Isaac, Carey Mulligan, John Goodman, Garrett Hedlund, and Justin Timberlake. T Bone Burnett, Joel Coen, and Ethan Coen produced the soundtrack, with Marcus Mumford as associate producer. The album includes 12 new recordings made especially for the film and soundtrack plus an existing recording by Dave Van Ronk. Also featured is a never-before-released version of Bob Dylan performing his song "Farewell, " which was recorded during the sessions for his album The Times They Are A-Changin' and is available exclusively on this soundtrack.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" is the Coen brothers' fourth collaboration with the Grammy and Academy Award-winning Burnett; his soundtrack to their film "O Brother, Where Art Thou? " won five Grammy Awards, including Album of the Year and Producer of the Year. "Inside Llewyn Davis" won the Grand Prix at the Cannes International Film Festival.
"Inside Llewyn Davis" follows a week in the life of a young folk singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. Llewyn Davis (Oscar Isaac) is at a crossroads. Guitar in tow, huddled against the unforgiving New York winter, he is struggling to make it as a musician against seemingly insurmountable obstacles some of them of his own making. Living at the mercy of both friends and strangers, scaring up what work he can find, Davis' misadventures take him from the basket houses of the Village to an empty Chicago club on an odyssey to audition for music mogul Bud Grossman and back again. Brimming with music performed by Isaac and Justin Timberlake and Carey Mulligan, as well as Marcus Mumford and Punch Brothers, "Inside Llewyn Davis" in the tradition of "O Brother, Where Art Thou?" is infused with the transportive sound of another time and place.
1. Hang Me, Oh Hang Me - Oscar Isaac
2. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) - Marcus Mumford & Oscar Isaac
3. The Last Thing on My Mind - Stark Sands With Punch Brothers
4. Five Hundred Miles - Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan & Stark Sands
5. Please Mr. Kennedy - Justin Timberlake, Oscar Isaac & Adam Driver
6. Green, Green Rocky Road - Oscar Isaac
7. The Death of Queen Jane - Oscar Isaac
8. The Roving Gambler - John Cohen With The Down Hill Strugglers
9. The Shoals of Herring - Oscar Isaac With Punch Brothers
10. The Auld Triangle - Chris Thile, Chris Eldridge, Marcus Mumford, Justin Timberlake & Gabe Witcher
11. The Storms Are on the Ocean - Nancy Blake
12. Fare Thee Well (Dink's Song) - Oscar Isaac
13. Farewell - Bob Dylan
14. Green, Green Rocky Road - Dave Van Ronk