Osmos v188.8.131.528 (by Hemisphere Games) | 17.35 MB
Enter the ambient world of Osmos: elegant, physics-based gameplay, dreamlike visuals, and a minimalist, electronic soundtrack. Your objective is to grow by absorbing other motes. Propel yourself by ejecting matter behind you. But be wise: ejecting matter also shrinks you. Relax… good things come to those who wait. Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and more challenging worlds. Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you.
• Independent Games Festival finalist in three categories: Seumas McNally Grand Prize, Excellence in Design and Technical Excellence
• Selected as one of the 2009 PAX 10
• Progress from serenely ambient levels into varied and more challenging worlds. (47 levels, plus bonus content)
• Confront attractors, repulsors and intelligent motes with similar abilities and goals as you
• Procedural content: play random versions of any level
• Sublime electronic soundtrack by Loscil, Gas/High Skies, Julien Neto, Biosphere, and more
• Dynamic time-warping: slow down the flow of time to outmaneuver agile opponents; speed it up to raise the challenge
• Tweaked the difficulty curve in 'Zen Attractors' (F3A).
• Osmos now correctly selects the default OpenAL device at startup; fixes sound issues on some hardware.
• Exposed the framerate clamp to the the 'maxFramerate' config variable, for the sake of users with poor vsync implementations.
• Code changes addressing the 'update menu' flicker issue.
• Fixed missing "SpeedUpClick" string.
• Windows XP/Vista
• 1 GHz
• 512 MB RAM