ooVoo is the next evolution in online communication — a remarkably easy way to have a face-to-face video conversation with friends, family or colleagues, no matter where they are in the world. ooVoo is a startup videoconferencing and instant messaging application, similar to Skype Video. ooVoo allows video chats with up to 6 participants, and unlike Skype Video, does not use a P2P network.
Using ooVoo is easy and fun, all consumers need is a computer, a broadband connection and a Web camera. In addition, ooVoo offers video messaging to an email or another ooVoo account, text messaging, and file sharing. You can also even send video messages to users who don't have the software installed.
ooVoo, launched in June 2007, is privately held and headquartered in New York City.
ooVoo is remarkably easy to use: easy to download, easy to install, and best of all: it's FREE!
• FREE Phone Calls. FREE calls from ooVoo to a landline or mobile phone in the USA or Canada.
• ooVoo Video Call. Start a face-to-face conversation and include up to six people.
• ooVoo Video Message. Tired of typing emails? Give your fingers a break and send a video message to one friend or a group.
• Find Friends. Import contacts from the most popular email programs: Office Outlook, Gmail, MSN Hotmail, Yahoo mail, AOLmail and more.
• Record video call. Create instant memories by recording your ooVoo video calls.
• Video Effects. Do you want to grow a virtual mustache or become a Superman – all while on a video call? Now you can.
• Chat. Text chat with up to six friends at a time!
• Send Files. With ooVoo it’s easy to share files with your friends!
• Sidebar View. Enable sidebar view to clearly view documents or other tasks on your screen.
• ooVoo me Link. Build your blog or MySpace page to life with an ooVoo link.
• Privacy. ooVoo is an exciting and fun new way to communicate and we want every one of your ooVoo experiences to be safe and secure.