I've had some earlier version of this software, quite a good backup software for Workstation and Laptops.
NovaBACKUP® PC #1 rated PC backup software for Windows laptops and Windows workstations. NovaBACKUP PC does deliver a simple and easy backup software for your PC laptop or workstation – so you can get back to what's important. Simple, powerful PC backup software that doesn't take an IT expert to use…
Fast, secure, and easy
NovaBACKUP PC makes it easy to securely backup all of your crucial data.
Comprehensive backup options.
With NovaBACKUP PC, you can choose between file-level or image-level backups – meaning you can backup individual files, or your entire PC hard drive. Works on Windows 8.1, 8, 7 and XP.
Local + online backup + file sync.
Backup your files, images, videos and more to local devices or to the cloud. Now you can also securely backup to popular file sharing services that you already use like Dropbox, OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, Google Drive, iDriveSync, SkyDrive and SafeSync.
Fast backup speeds.
NovaBACKUP PC tested 4x faster than the nearest competitor. And, you can use automatic scheduling to backup bit-level or incremental changes, in between your full backups – ensuring your data is always protected, without needing to continuously run full backups.
Hard drive crashes are a fact of life. But with Disaster Recovery, you always have an image backup of your entire system, from your operating system down to your email settings and preferences. And with the fastest restore process on the market, you and your data can get back to work in no time.
Easy to install and use.
With easy installation, simple step-by-step wizards, and automated backups, NovaBACKUP PC makes it easy to backup your PC and keep your data protected. Get your first backup up-and-running within minutes.
What's new in NovaBACKUP PC 17.0:
NovaBACKUP Alerts service:
It's now easier than ever to send an e- mail alert with NovaBACKUP. Starting in NovaBACKUP 17, we've included the NovaBACKUP Alerts service. Simply provide your e-mail address and we'll do the rest – no more messy SMTP settings (unless you want them!)
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Summary Reports:
You are now able to configure and e-mail a summarized report of all activities performed by NovaBACKUP in the last day, week or month.
Updated Log Viewer:
The log viewer has been given a facelift and matches the new Summary Reports. It's also cleaned up the information being presented to help you better understand what happened during your backup job. The log viewer now also prints out logs that match what's on screen (HTML log)
Network Devices now in Disaster Recovery / Virtual Dashboard:
Pre-configured Network Devices will now be available as an option within a manually executed Disaster Recovery job. Additionally, if you select a network destination for a backup job from the Virtual Dashboard, NovaBACKUP will automatically provide the credentials from the Network Device.
- Fixed an issue relating to a Network Device during scheduled Disaster Recovery backups
- CMC network file section error fixed – users can no longer select the entire network during backup job creation
- CMC manual file selection error fixed – users can now browse subfolders during manual file selection
- Fixed issues when backing up documents to an xSP device via CMC
- Clients connected to a CMC can now add devices from their local NovaBACKUP installation
- Resolved issues with certain clients where the CMC was incapable of starting a restore process
- Removed Anti-Virus support
- Removed CD / DVD / Blu-Ray support
- Resolved background crash if a user's backup metadata was stored incorrectly
- Modified files selected / files completed reporting within Log Viewer to more accurately portray what's happened.
- Use the activation info during installation. Choose "I have a key"
- You can insert bogus info other than activation key box.
- Block the software in firewall for safety.