NetWorx 5.1.2 Multilanguage (+Portable) | 3.13 Mb
NetWorx is a simple and free, yet powerful tool that helps you objectively evaluate your bandwidth situation. You can use it to collect bandwidth usage data and measure the speed of your Internet or any other network connection. NetWorx can help you identify possible sources of network problems, ensure that you do not exceed the bandwidth limits specified by your ISP, or track down suspicious network activity characteristic of Trojan horses and hacker attacks.
The program allows you to monitor all your network connections or a specific network connection (such as Ethernet or PPP) only. The software also features a system of highly customizable visual and sound alerts. You can set it up to alert you when the network connection is down or when some suspicious activity, such as unusually heavy data flow, occurs. It can also automatically disconnect all dialup connections and shut down the system.
The incoming and outgoing traffic is represented on a line chart and logged to a file, so that you can always view statistics about your daily, weekly and monthly bandwidth usage and dialup duration. The reports can be exported to a variety of formats, such as HTML, MS Word and Excel, for further analysis.
• Clear graphic and/or numeric display.
• Usage reports with export to a variety of file formats, including Excel, MS Word and HTML.
• Permits close supervision of uploads and downloads.
• Works with dial-up, ISDN, cable modems, ADSL, Ethernet cards, and more.
• Includes network information & testing tools with advanced netstat that displays applications using your Internet connection.
• Scalable to your own modem download capabilities.
• Option to notify user or disconnect from the Internet automatically when network activity exceeds a certain level.
• Speed meter to accurately time downloads and report the average transfer rates.
• Dial-up session journal with detailed information about every session.
• Absolutely free and does not contain any adware/spyware/malware.
With NetWorx You Can ...
• Find out and monitor how fast your Internet connection is.
• Find out and monitor how much Internet traffic you consume.
• Verify whether your ISP charges your Internet usage fairly.
• Detect a suspicious network activity on your computer.
• Perform simple network tests such as ping and trace route.
• Be notified about excessive Internet usage.
Changes in NetWorx 5.1.2 (2010-06-21):
* Dial-up application launch list is made editable and accepts command-line parameters to be passed to applications.
* Added all-time/on-peak/off-peak as an extra condition in notifications.
* Currently active hour is now shown in the hour selection matrix.
* Added a workaround to prevent incorrect readings when installed with NetLimiter 3.
* Changed notification processing: if actions include dropping dial-up connections, the timer is reset when a new connection is dialed. Otherwise it caused premature occurrence of the event.
* Added import of IP address to be ignored (formats understood are IP address range, CIDR and individual IP addresses).
* Bandwidth rates shown under the graph are made monochrome (this can be reverted via a hidden setting).
* Added a hidden setting allowing to relocate the database to another folder.
* Updated language files and minor user interface tweaks.