MKV Toolnix 4.40.320 Portable | 11.26 Mb
With these tools one can get information about (mkvinfo) Matroska files, extract tracks/data from (mkvextract) Matroska files and create (mkvmerge) Matroska files from other media files. Matroska is a new multimedia file format aiming to become THE new container format for the future.
MKVToolnix is a set of tools to create, alter and inspect Matroska files under Linux, other Unices and Windows. They do for Matroska what the OGMtools do for the OGM format and then some.
Changes in MKVToolnix:
- mkvmerge: bug fix: If the first input file was a Quicktime/MP4 file and all tracks from that file were deselected for muxing then mkvmerge would crash. Fix for bug 458.
- mmg: bug fix: The option 'AAC is SBR/HE-AAC' was not honored for appended AAC tracks. This could lead to mkvmerge aborting with an error that the track parameters did not match if it itself could not detect HE-AAC in the second file.
- documentation: Added a Chinese Simplified translation for mmg's guide by Dean Lee (see AUTHORS).
- documentation: Added a Japanese translation for the man pages by Katsuhiko Nishimra (see AUTHORS).
- mmg: bug fix: The output file name is checked for invalid characters before the muxing process is started. Fix for bug 455.
- mkvpropedit, mmg: bug fix: Files with an infinite segment size are handled correctly now. Fix for bug 438.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Matroska files which have its 'tracks' element located behind the clusters are read correctly now.
- mmg: enhancement: After muxing the "abort" button is changed to "open folder" which opens the explorer on the output file's folder. This only happens on Windows.
- mmg: enhancement: When constructing the output file name mmg will only suggest names that don't exist already by appending a number to the file name (e.g. resulting in "/path/file (1).mkv").
- mkvmerge: new feature: Added support for reading chapters from MP4 files that are stored in tracks with subtype 'text'. Such files are used e.g. on iPods/iPhones and can be created by HandBrake. Fix for bug 454.
- mmg: bug fix: The "tags" input box on the "general track options" tab was not updated when a track was selected. Fix for bug 453.
- mkvmerge, mmg: new feature: If a MPEG-2 program stream file is added to mkvmerge whose base name ends in a number then mkvmerge will automatically read and process all other files in the same directory with the same base name, same extension and different numbers. Those files are treated as if they were a single big file. This applies e.g. to VOB files from DVD images that are named VTS_01_1.VOB, VTS_01_2.VOB, VTS_01_3.VOB etc. mmg will output an error message if the user tries to add or append one of the other files that mkvmerge will process automatically (e.g. if the user has added VTS_01_1.VOB already and tries to append VTS_01_2.VOB).
This also fixes bug 437.
- Build requirements changed: mkvtoolnix requires Boost v1.34.0 or later. It requires the Boost::Filesystem library (with all Boost versions) and the Boost::System libraries (starting with Boost v1.35.0).
- mkvmerge: enhancement: SRT files with negative timecodes will are not rejected anymore. Negative timecodes will be adjusted to start at 00:00:00.000.
- mkvextract: new feature: Added support for extracting Blu-Ray subtitles (CodecID "S_HDMV/PGS").
- mkvmerge/mmg: enhancement: Added an option '--segment-uid' for specifying the segment UIDs to use instead of having to use a XML file and '--segmentinfo'.
- Installer: The installer will no longer offer to run mmg after it has been installed. On Windows setups where a normal user account doesn't have administrator privileges this caused mmg to be run as the user "Administrator" instead of the normal user account causing confusion and some things not to work, e.g. drag & drop.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Zero-length frames in Theora bitstreams as created by libtheora v1.1 and later were dropped. Fix for bug 450.
- mmg: bug fix: On Windows 2000/XP the 'add/append file' dialog was not showing files with certain extensions (e.g. ".srt" or ".mp4") if the option "all supported media files" was selected. Fix for bug 448.
Home Page - http://www.bunkus.org/videotools/mkvtoolnix/