MessenPass 1.41 | 1.14 MB
MessenPass is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords of the following instant messenger applications: MSN Messenger, Windows Messenger (In Windows XP), Yahoo Messenger, ICQ Lite 4.x/2003, AOL Instant Messenger, AOL Instant Messenger/Netscape 7, Trillian, Miranda, and GAIM.
1 - After downloading the file extract it using winRAR or similar program
2 - Go to MessenPass 1.40 folder and run the setup file
3 - Follow the on screen prompts
MessenPass is a password recovery tool that reveals the passwords of the
following instant messenger applications:
* MSN Messenger
* Windows Messenger (In Windows XP)
* Windows Live Messenger (In Windows XP/Vista/7)
* Yahoo Messenger (Versions 5.x and 6.x)
* Google Talk
* ICQ Lite 4.x/5.x/2003
* AOL Instant Messenger v4.6 or below, AIM 6.x, and AIM Pro.
* Trillian Astra
* MySpace IM
MessenPass can only be used to recover the passwords for the current
logged-on user on your local computer, and it only works if you chose the
remember your password in one of the above programs. You cannot use this
utility for grabbing the passwords of other users.
False Alert Problems: Some Antivirus programs detect MessenPass utility
as infected with Trojan/Virus. Click here to read more about false alerts
in Antivirus programs
* Version 1.41:
o Added 'Copy Password' option (Ctrl+P).
* Version 1.40:
o Added an option to export the passwords into KeePass csv file (In
'Save Selected Items'). You can use the created csv file to easily
import your messenger passwords into KeePass password manager.
o Added 'Add Header Line To CSV/Tab-Delimited File' option. When
this option is turned on, the column names are added as the first
line when you export to csv or tab-delimited file.
o You can now send the email passwords list to stdout by specifying
an empty filename ("") in the command-line of all save parameters.
For example: mspass.exe /stab "" >> c:\temp\passwords.txt
* Version 1.35 - Added 'Password Strength' column, which calculates the
strength of the password and displays it as Very Weak, Weak, Medium,
Strong, or Very Strong.
* Version 1.30 - Fixed issue: MessenPass created a file named '1.bin'
under e:\temp if this folder was existed. This file was created for
debugging purposes but accidently remained in the release version too.
* Version 1.29 - Fixed MessenPass to work with the latest version of
* Version 1.28 - Fixed a crash problem with Application Compatibility
Engine on Windows 7/Vista.
* Version 1.27 - Added sorting command-line options.
* Version 1.26 - Added AutoComplete support for 'Select Folders'
* Version 1.25 - Added support for Trillian Astra.
* Version 1.24 - Added support for Digsby.
* Version 1.23 - Fixed bug: Exception window appeared when starting
MessenPass in some systems.
* Version 1.22 - Added support for imvu.com passwords stored by Firefox
* Version 1.21 - Added support for ebuddy.com and Google Talk passwords
stored by Firefox.
* Version 1.20 - Added support for Paltalk.
* Version 1.18 - Added support for saving as comma-delimited file.
* Version 1.17 - Added support for MySpace IM.
* Version 1.16 - Added support for Google Talk password, if it's stored
by Google Desktop.
* Version 1.15 - The configuration is now saved to a file instead of
* Version 1.14 - Added support for AIM 6.x and AIM pro.
* Version 1.13 - Windows Live Messenger passwords are now shown under
Vista even without admin rights.
* Version 1.12 - Fixed bug: Pidgin passwords were not shown when using
the save command-line options.
* Version 1.11 - Added support for Pidgin (Successor of GAIM)
* Version 1.10 - Added support for Windows Live Messenger under Vista.
(Requires to run as admin)
* Version 1.08 - Added support for Google Talk.
* Version 1.07 - Added support for Windows Live Messenger and for Yahoo
accounts in Miranda.
* Version 1.06 - Added support for SIP and Exchange Instant Messaging
accounts on Windows Messenger.
* Version 1.05 - Added support for newer versions of Miranda.
* Version 1.04 - Added support for MSN Messenger v7.5 (Multiple
* Version 1.03 - Added command-line support.
* Version 1.02 - Added support Versions 5.x of Yahoo Messenger.
* Version 1.01 - Added support for ICQ Lite 4.x/2003
* Version 1.00 - First release.
MessenPass can be used without any installation process, simply by
running the executable file (mspass.exe) from the zip file.
If you want to install MessenPass with automatic creation of program
group icons and uninstall support, download and run the self-install
When you run MessenPass, it automatically detects the Instant Messenger
applications installed on your computer, decrypts the passwords they
store, and displays all user name/password pairs that it found in the
main window of MessenPass. If from some reason, MessenPass fails to
locate the installed Instant Messenger application, you can try to
manually select the right folder of your IM application by using 'Select
Folders' option (from the File menu).
On the main window of MessenPass, you can select one or more password
items, and then copy them to the clipboard in tab-delimited format (you
can paste this format into Excel or Open-Office Spreadsheet), or save
them into text/html files.
Translating MessenPass to other languages
MessenPass allows you to easily translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and
other strings to other languages.
In order to do that, follow the instructions below:
1. Run MessenPass with /savelangfile parameter:
A file named mspass_lng.ini will be created in the folder of
2. Open the created language file in Notepad or in any other text
3. Translate all menus, dialog-boxes, and string entries to the
4. After you finish the translation, Run MessenPass, and all
translated strings will be loaded from the language file.
If you want to run MessenPass without the translation, simply rename
the language file, or move it to another folder.
This utility is released as freeware. You are allowed to freely use it at
your home or in your company. However, you are not allowed to make profit
from this software or to charge your customers for recovering their
passwords with this software, unless you got a permission from the
You are also allowed to freely distribute this utility via floppy disk,
CD-ROM, Internet, or in any other way, as long as you don't charge
anything for this. If you distribute this utility, you must include all
files in the distribution package, without any modification !
The software is provided "AS IS" without any warranty, either expressed
or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of
merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. The author will not
be liable for any special, incidental, consequential or indirect damages
due to loss of data or any other reason.
Home Page : http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/mspass.html
Note: It's freeware, You will found the application in the home page also.