Facebook has become an essential communication, collaboration, and marketing tool. In Facebook Essential Training, instructor Susan Cline shows how to navigate the world of social networking and put one’s best face forward online. She covers the basics, starting with creating a profile and finding and adding friends. Susan then explains how to communicate with friends via status updates, wall posts, chatting, and sharing photos, videos, and web links. She also touches on the delicate subject of removing friends and respecting other people’s privacy online. The advanced features, including permissions that control what other members can view or comment on, add-in applications, and dedicated Facebook groups, are what make Facebook so popular, and Susan covers them in detail.
* Establishing a profile
* Finding, adding, organizing, and deleting friends
* Navigating the home page, the news feed, and the Wall
* Posting and tagging photos, videos, and links
* Sending privates messages and event invitations
* Installing and using Facebook applications
* Protecting privacy using permissions