Lynda.Com CGI Essential Training-iRONiSO | 148.34 MB
CGI Essential Training highlights the skills required to build common gateway interface (CGI) scripts that allow web forms to interact with applications on a web server. Instructor Bill Weinman explains how these scripts can be used for simple interactive applications written in any programming language. Bill shows how to use CGI to set up an HTML template with hidden fields for use with a web server application. Exercise files accompany this course.
* Understanding the server requirements for CGI
* Installing CGI scripts on Unix and Windows servers
* Coding form elements into an HTML page
* Keeping context with hidden fields on a web form
* Learning best practices for creating CGI content