After Effects CS5 New Creative Techniques was created and produced by Trish and Chris Meyer. We are honored to host their material in the lynda.com Online Training Library®.
Chris and Trish Meyer have been using After Effects since version 1.0 and have written ten books about the program, and they are always among the first to dive into each new version and discover what it offers to their fellow motion graphics artists. Chris takes you under the hood and explains how each new feature works in After Effects CS5. This course covers both the technical and creative implications of this latest release, including tutorials on the new Roto Brush tool and mocha version 2, blending modes, text options, and new and improved user interface elements in Adobe After Effects CS5. Numerous examples show the most efficient ways to use the new features and avoid potential pitfalls when applying techniques. Chris ends with a discussion of which users will get them most out of upgrading to After Effects CS5.
* Reviewing After Effects' 64-bit system requirements
* Mastering the new Roto Brush tool plus Refine Matte
* Warping with FreeForm
* Motion tracking with mocha version 2
* Matting with mocha shape, including adding motion blur
* Extruding in 3D with Repoussé
* Importing RED footage
* Using Color Finesse and updated blending modes