KutinSoft Durable Copy v184.108.40.2069 | 4.54 MB
We wish you good luck! Try the Durable Copy for fight against broken data.
Durable Copy is specially created to copy files which contain unreadable sectors as well as to copy files by unstable connections.
1. Can read most part of data from those files which contain damaged sectors;
2. Can unite identical files which were damaged in different places, and produce one entirely good file;
3. Can automatically recover copy process after connection with remote computer became unavailable temporarily, and then available again (for example, wireless and VPN connections).
Some possible cases of use the Durable Copy:
1. You have got a CD or DVD with a certain interesting movie. You would like to see this movie but can not realize this because your disc contains unreadable sectors. At that, your computer either reads this disc not properly or can not read some sectors in it only. At a time when broken sectors draw near, then depiction begins to be very unsteady. Surely, your pleasure from viewing the movie disappears. You wish you were able to copy this movie to hard disk of your computer and to see it from there but some files somewhere in the middle of this disc may be unreadable at all. In this case the Durable Copy will solve this problem finely. So you will can see this movie!
2. You have got backup copies of your important files but a certain part of your archives is unreadable. Moreover, all programs which usually work with broken files well refuse to work with your backup copies now because these files are physically damaged. The Durable Copy can help you because it is designed for reading physically damaged files precisely. So you will get your files!
3. If you have got one more duplicate of original file and it contains broken sectors in another places, then you should repeat the copy procedure over a file had been copied already. The program can offer you not to copy an entire file but instead of it to replace broken sectors only. Thus, you will have got one entirely good copy in place of two broken copies.
4. You have your important files backed up. You are an advanced user and you allways make two copies of important data. But when you decided to get some files from backups, you can find all backed up data damaged. In this way, you can use Durable Copy to unite damaged files and produce one entirely good file.
We have tested both correctness of working the program and integrity of the copies have been received with the help of standard files.
For several years we were using a prototype of this program and trying to find out about functionality we need from similar programs. We suppose that now we've achieved a success in it. We've improved original idea, and made it more handy for end users.
Test it! It can be done very easy. In the Explorer's window select with a right-click of the mouse button those files or folders you wish to copy and drag them to the target folder, and then drop the button. In the context menu there will appear extra item "Copy with DurableCopy (can catch bad sectors)". Just choose it. Durable Copy will start and begin copying files. When the Durable Copy is faced with broken sector, it will let them pass. The program returns to broken sectors after it will have read all the others sectors. It will try reading various sectors by turns untill you click the button "Don't read this file". As a result, you have got maximum possible quantity of information for optimal time.
Durable Copy 3.6.0 2000, XP, 2003, Vista