JPEG Imager 188.8.131.524 | 2.32 MB
JPEG Imager is an interactive image compressor primarily designed for quality versus file size optimization. The program provides various compression controls, a fast real-time preview and side-by-side comparison of an image before and after compression. You can also specify a desired file size and let the program select the proper value of the quality parameter automatically. JPEG Imager may prove to be useful if you need to optimize your images and digital photos for publishing on the Web or before e-mailing them to your friends. The program includes a set of basic image manipulation and enhancing operations such as Resize, Crop, Rotate, Gamma and Color correction, levels adjustment, sharpen, blur filters, and text overlay tool.
• Fast interactive compression to JPEG, PNG or GIF files.
• Real-time preview of compressed image.
• Various compression controls.
• Synchronized Side By Side view.
• Handy tools for image scrolling and zooming.
• Basic image manipulation and enhancing operations.
• Resampling (resizing), cropping
• Brightness, Contrast, Gamma correction
• Levels adjustment
• Color balance, Tones adjustment
• Negative, Conversion to Grayscale
• Convolution filters (Sharpen, Blur)
• Cleaning (noise reduction)
• Image acquisition from scanners or digital cameras via TWAIN.
• Simple built-in batch processor and thumbnail generator.
• High compression ratio with good picture quality.
• Separate quality controls for luminance and chrominance.
• Flexible setup of color components subsampling.
• Progressive mode supported (greatly improved since v1.01).
• Selective extra-compression mode.
• Fit to file size feature - automatic quality adjustment.
• Optional retention of application specific data (such as EXIF) in APP1-15 marker segments.
• The ability to edit or automatically replace embedded JPEG file comment.
• Optional insertion of Restart Markers (integrity marks).
• A brand new Crop tool:
-- allows you to adjust the edges of an area to be cropped by dragging them with the mouse;
-- darkens the area outside of the selection, so you can see how cropping will affect the composition of the picture;
-- you can optionally constrain the aspect ratio of the selected area (16:9, 4:3, 5:7 etc).
• Added customizable menu with preset image sizes in the Resize tool.
• Added new zoom levels with a factor of 1.41 (square root of 2).
• Added the option of auto zoom. When you load an image it is automatically scaled to fit the window size. You can choose to fit the width, height, or both.
• You can bind the selected auto-fitting zoom mode to middle button click (mouse wheel click).
• Now the default setting for new installations is to use bicubic interpolation when displaying scaled-down images (zoom out). In order to improve display speed of the viewer some functions have been rewritten using the SSE2 instruction set.
• The Text tool now lets you drag the text with your mouse.
• Fixed rare AV bug when rendering text outside image borders.
• A number of small changes in the Full Screen view to make it more consistent with windowed mode (shortcut keys, synchronized zoom and scroll position).
Home page -