iPhone App Development: The Missing Manual
Publisher: Pogue Press 2010 | 352 Pages | ISBN: 0596809778 | PDF | 5 MB
Anyone with programming experience can learn how to write an iPhone app. But if you want to build a great app, there’s a lot more to it than simple coding: you also need to know how design and market your creation. This easy-to-follow guide walks you through the entire process, from sketching out your idea to promoting the finished product.
* Get to know the tools for developing your iPhone app
* Design a great app before you start coding
* Build a complex app with Xcode and Interface Builder
* Decide how to brand your app-then beta-test that brand in the real world
* Learn the inside scoop on how to get your app into the App Store
* Promote your product, track sales, and build a strong customer following
About the Author
Craig Hockenberry has been working with images and software for over 30 years. He is currently a principal at the Iconfactory, a company that has been changing the face of the computer desktop since 1996. Their work includes the design & production of icons for Microsoft, Apple, Adobe and other leading software companies.
He’s also responsible for the secret control panels at Icon Factory, a website that gives away about 2 terabytes of pixels every month, and keeps many fellow designers informed and entertained.
Craig also loves writing cool software, and thinks that Cocoa and Quartz (for the desktop and iPhone) and Ruby and Rails (for the Web) are the greatest things since sliced bread.
In past lives, Craig has built robots, processed satellite imagery, and created effects filters for Photoshop.