Introduction to Media Production, Fourth Edition: The Path to Digital Media Production
Focal Press | 2009 | ISBN: 0240810821 | 536 pages | PDF | 32 MB
Introduction to Media Production began years ago as an alternative text that would cover ALL aspects of media production, not just film or just tv or just radio. Kindem and Musburger needed a book that would show students how every form of media intersects with one another, and about how one needs to know the background history of how film affects video, and how video affects working in a studio, and ultimately, how one needs to know how to put it all together. Introduction to Media Production is the book that shows this intersection among the many forms of media, and how students can use this intersection to begin to develop their own high quality work.
Introduction to Media Production is a primary source for students of media. Its readers learn about various forms of media, how to make the best use of them, why one would choose one form of media over another, and finally, about all of the techniques used to create a media project. The digital revolution has exploded all the former techniques used in digital media production, and this book covers the now restructured and formalized digital workflows that make all production processes by necessity, digital.
This text will concentrate on offering students and newcomers to the field the means to become aware of the critical importance of understanding the end destination of their production as a part of pre-production, not the last portion of post production.
Covering film, tv, video, audio, and graphics, the fourth edition of Introduction to Media Production is a comprehensive guide for both students of media and newcomers to the media industry.
* Covers all aspects of digital media production--from conception of the idea to the final end product
* Introduces students to all forms of media: film, tv, video, audio, and graphics (other books focus mostly on one aspect)
* Reinforces the importance for media artists and practitioners to be aware of the ultimate distribution and exhibition of their media products from the outset of the project
* Completely revised to show the new theories, practices, and examples involved in an entirely digital world
* Updated Instructors' Manual with PowerPoint slides for lecture use, teaching notes, test questions, essay topics, and math problems