ImageIngester Pro 3.5.01 | Mac OSX | 4.11 Mb
ImageIngester Pro does more than just copy images from your camera or card to your computer: It automates tedious, but important, steps in your workflow that you'd otherwise have to do manually, every time you ingest. Steps like making a backup, verifying images, renaming image files and arranging them into folders, applying metadata, and converting to DNG.
Here's the whole list of what ImageIngesterPro can do:
* Copying images from the camera or card to your hard drive.
* Automatic ingestion and ejection of cards.
* Backing up images so there's a second, or even third copy, ideally on a separate device such as a FireWire drive.
* Renaming images to something more descriptive than, say, DSC_0123.NEF. Perhaps something like MJR_20061204_173802_0123.NEF (initials, date, time, and original file sequence number).
* Arranging images into folders, set up however you like. Perhaps something like 2006/12/04 or 2006/2006-12-04 or Commercial/Muriel's Wedding/01234-01399.
* Converting images to DNG, which is Adobe's universal raw format. You can choose most of the DNG options, such as full-size JPEG preview and embedding the original raw.
* Verifying images, to help ensure they got copied OK from the card. You can run DNG Converter without actually converting to check raws; the checker for JPEGs is built-in.
* Launching a viewer, so iView Media Pro, Bridge, or whatever you choose gets started as soon as ingestion is complete.
* Adding bulk metadata, so you can insert data that applies to the entire ingestion, such as your copyright notice, keywords, subject and location information, and even iView Media Pro catalog sets.
* Establishing Adobe Camera Raw settings, so that the images come up in ACR with your chosen settings already applied.
* Filtering by image type, which allows you to ignore unwanted files, such as JPEGs from a camera that insists on including a JPEG along side of each raw. Or, you can choose to include only designated files, which is handy when you're using ImageIngesterPro to re-ingest an entire folder tree on your hard drive.
* Tracking clients, projects, cards, and ingestions in a built-in SQLite3 database, which allows you to review the details of every ingestion you've made, including any notes you've entered at ingestion time.
* Handling multi-camera shoots so that files from different cameras can be renamed in time-sequence order.
What's new in Version 3.5.01:
Cameras and other devices that connect using PTP instead of as Mass Storage Class devices are now supported. You can now ingest directly when your device won't connect as a drive or volume. Importantly, this means that iPhone/iPod/iPad devices are supported; all you have to do is connect them with a USB cable--it's not necessary to run iTunes.
To get the new source-selection dialog, set the Source to "[user choice]" and then press the Thumbs or Start buttons. The Cards button is unaffected by this change. (To set the Source to "[user choice]", press the Set button and then the Cancel button in the folder-choosing dialog.)