Helpinator 3.2.3 Professional Edition Portable | 29.7 Mb
We all know that time equals money. If you are a software developer or micro-ISV your time is your greatest value. Thus you need development tools that save your time and money. Large help authoring suits are expensive and contain lots of features that you will never use.
Helpinator's main focus is on making help authoring more productive. Helpinator eliminates double-work that you have to do using regular help authoring tools and simplifies complex tasks. You can compile professinally looking help files in 4 different formats, in multiple languages and for multiple editions of your product - all that from single source!
· Create CHM help files, manuals and documents in PDF format, Web Help and Rich Text Format (MS Word compatible) from single source.
· WYSIWYG editor has all the necessary text processor tools - fonts, paragraph formatting, images, tables and anchors. It also allows you to define and use project-wide named text and paragraph styles.
· Built-in spell checker checks spelling as you type. Additionally you can check spelling of all topics at once with Global Spell Check Tool.
· You can easily create localized copies of your documentation. Helpinator is able to store all languages in one project file. XML import/export feature is for interaction with translation tools and services.
· Built-in screen shot tool allows you to capture screenshots of active windows and store them to project's Image Library, then insert images into topics.
· Image Library contains image editor that allows you to add callouts and comments to screenshots.
· Helpinator project storage format is basically a ZIP file, so you can extract your texts at any time even without Helpinator.
· Helpinator also has "VCS-compatible" storage mode where all objects are stored in separate files inside project folder.
· Conditional text allows you to alter content of help topics at compile time. Conditions use variable values to control the flow.
· Helpinator has several built-in templates for CHM/Web help and PDF/RTF. However you can easily create your own templates using visual Template Builder.
· Command-line utility for batch processing.
· You can import existing documentation in CHM, DOC, RTF and HTML formats using "Convert to H3" utility in programs start menu.
You certainly need it if you:
- Create documentation in several formats.
- Your help files contain a lot of images.
- You update your documentation frequently.
- Your HTML knowledge is poor and you don't have enough time to study it.
- You need to prototype documentation quickly
- You use CVS and work with a team
What's new in version 3.2.3:
- New "Tools" node in the project tree view
- 3 new tools: "Context IDs", "Screenshot", "Global Spellcheck"
- Spellchecker options
- New spellchecker dictionaries
- Speed improvements
Home Page - http://www.helpinator.com/