Here's the newly updated final version of the popular disk monitoring software Hard Disk Sentinel PRO..
Hard Disk Sentinel Professional (HDSentinel) is a hard disk monitoring software with support of HDD/SSD drives. Its goal is to find, test, diagnose and repair hard disk drive problems, report and display SSD and HDD health, performance degradations and failures. Hard Disk Sentinel gives complete textual description, tips and displays/reports the most comprehensive information about the hard disks and solid state disks inside the computer or in external enclosures (USB / e-SATA). Many different alerts and report options are available to ensure maximum safety of your valuable data.
The software monitors hard disk drive / HDD status, including health, temperature and all S.M.A.R.T. (Self-Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology, built in most hard disks and solid state disks today) values for each disks. Also it measures the disk transfer speed in real time which can be used as a benchmark or to detect possible hard disk failures, performance degradations.
HDSentinel is the perfect data protection solution: it can be effectively used to prevent HDD failure and SSD / HDD data loss because it has the most sensitive hard disk health rating system which is extremely sensitive to hard disk problems. This way even a small HDD problem can't be missed. The Professional version has scheduled and automatic (on-problem) hard disk backup options to prevent data loss caused by not only failure but by malware or accidental delete also.
Hard Disk Sentinel 4.50 (30/1/2014)
Improvements and new features:
- Disk -> Short self test, Extended self test options available for SCSI and SAS hard disks
- option to disable "Always-on-top" behaviour of Status Windows (Configuration -> Status Window)
- double click on the installation date on Preferences page to configure installation date for the correspind hard disk / SSD and display daily average writes/reads based on that installation date
- improved and faster startup of disk surface tests on drives with lower health
- improved text description and improved report for hard disks / SSDs
- improved backup projects and file handling
- advanced health detection and reporting on various hard disk models (Samsung, Seagate, Hitachi, Toshiba, Western Digital)
- added Japanese language support (thanks Kyo for the translation)
Improved hardware support:
- added support for Promise 4650, 8650, 16650 SATA/SAS controllers: detection of complete hard disk status when SATA or SAS hard disks configured as standalone or as RAID arrays.
- added support for LSI SAS3 (SAS 12G) 3008 Fury Series SATA/SAS RAID controllers: detection of complete hard disk status when SATA or SAS hard disks configured as standalone or as RAID arrays.
- added support for IBM M5115 SATA/SAS RAID controllers: detection of complete hard disk status when SATA or SAS hard disks configured as standalone or as RAID arrays.
- added support for BroadCom / Ciprico RAIDCore SATA controllers: detection of complete hard disk status when SATA hard disks configured as standalone or as RAID arrays.
- detection of all hard disks from RAID arrays configured by AMD integrated RAID controller. Report generic status (Good or failure predicted) for second and further drives and displaying complete information for the first hard disk. Works with driver 3.2.1540.92 ONLY (newer drives do not work) available from the Driver Zone. See Updating driver for AMD AHCI Compatible RAID Controller page for details.
- detection of Adaptec RAID controller temperature and SES2 enclosure information
- detection of possible S.M.A.R.T. information and reporting health for pendrives if supported, for example Sandisk Cruzer Extreme series
- improved support for NVidia chipsets, Intel RAID arrays and newer Intel RST drivers
- improved detection and compatibility with LSI controllers, Intel RES2SV240 SAS expander
- improved support for Corsair, Crucial, Kingston, Samsung, Sandisk SSDs in general
- improved compatibility and features of JMicron internal and external RAID arrays, showing hot-spare drive status as well
- improved compatibility with APPLE SSDs
- improved compatibility with various memory card readers, pendrives
Bug fixes, further modifications:
- fixed "connection timeout" errors displayed when e-mail sending configured by @gmail account
- fixed temperature display after swapping hard disks
- fixed sidebar gadget temperature image when service mode used
- fixed reload of previously saved configuration
- fixed display of multiple errors detected in the hard disk log
- user interface modifications, generic adjustments for multi-monitor systems and larger resolutions
- Hard Disk Sentinel icon displayed in the list of Add/Remove programs
- Install the program in the default directory
- Use our activator to register (as admin for Vista & 7)
- Enjoy your newly full registered app !
Hard Disk Sentinel PRO 4.50 Build 6845 Final - Uploaded - RapidGator - TurboBit