ultimate notification system for the Mac. It's the easiest way to know what is going on with other applications while you are working on something else.
So many more AWESOME features listed here.
The Growl Project LLC Growl v1.3.3 MACOSX-Lz0
One day we were working with pictures in iPhoto while waiting on an important email to arrive. Every time an email came in, it interrupted our iPhoto work when we switched to Mail. We had no idea what each email was, we just had to keep clicking back over to Mail every time there was a new email. At the end of the day we decided that we needed a solution to this problem, and thus Growl was born (For Mail integration you will need GrowlMail).
- Personalize your notifications. Choose Growl's presentation, look and feels.
- Keeps working even when you are not. Come back to your mac and review what happened while you were gone with Rollup.
- Easy to use Applications tab for controlling what you receive and what gets blocked.
- Speech display for hearing your notifications, great for those who are visually impaired.
- Awesome notification history, so you can see what has been going on.
- A large variety of styles come with Growl. Anything from nano which is tiny, to music video which is huge.
- Make your own Growl styles very easily with web technology to give Growl your own look and feel.
- Send Growl notifications from Cocoa, AppleScript, or over the network.
- Networking so that two or more macs can forward notifications to each other.
- Can work with the iPhone and iPad via Prowl.
What's New in Version 1.3.3
- Growl now works correctly on case-sensitive file systems.
- All of the preferences selections should now show up in the toolbar.