Gratuitous Space Battles v1.29 + Challenges
Developer: Positech Games
Protection: Custom activation
Release Date: 07-01-2010
Size: 56.33 MB
Gratuitous Space Battles is a unique strategy game where you play the role of supreme commander of a vast fleets of spaceships, battling against AI controlled or player-designed enemy fleets. GSB is not a conventional strategy game, but more of an RTS/Tower Defense hybrid, where you design the ships, position the fleet, issue pre-battle orders and then sit back and watch the explosive galactic mayhem take place. Did you include enough fusion beams on your capital ships? Maybe you should have assigned some fighters to escort those ships in the middle of the fleet? GSB also allows you to challenge other players by uploading your best fleets to serve as their opposition, in a massively single-player galactic smorgasbord of laser-death!Gratuitous Space Battles aims to bring the over-the-top explodiness back into space games. The game is for everyone who has watched big space armadas battle it out on TV and thought to themselves 'I could have done a much better job as admiral'. This is not a game of real-time arcade twitch reflexes. GSB is about what ships you design, and what you tell them to do. Your individual ship commanders have total autonomy during the chaotic battle that unfolds. This is not a tactical game, it is a strategic one. These gratuitous space battles are not won by plucky heroes with perfect teeth, but by the geeky starship builders who know exactly what ratio of plasma-cannons to engines each ship in the fleet will need.
• Design your spaceships from a large range of interchangeable weapons, defenses and other components
• Some of the most gratuitous visual effects you will have seen in a 2D game
• Unique online challenge system lets you prove who is a better admiral, you or your friends...
• Sprawling battles with hundreds of ships let you slow down time and freeze frame to work out exactly why the SS Indestructible failed to live up to its name!
• 1.28: Fixed occasional crash in ship design screen
• 1.28: Fixed exploit where player could save ship designs containing zero modules
• 1.28: Added basic new messaging system to inform players of new challenges, or attempts against their challenges, or give challenge feedback.
• 1.28: Improved online screen so that the username, news and messages window are hidden until your game is registered.
• 1.28: New feature: Custom challenges can now be sent with a new custom challenge editor screen
• 1.29: Fixed a number of typos (thanks david!)
• 1.29: Game now automatically creates a new almost-empty default design if you delete every ship design, to prevent empty design list crash.
• 1.29: The range circles are now also shown on the currently dragged ship on the deployment screen
• 1.29: Fixed display bug where the tooltips over the deployment screens ship blueprints didn't take race and ship bonuses into account.
• 1.29: Fixed crash bug when changing races before you have ever viewed the choose mission screen.
• 1.29: Fixed bug relating to messages corrupting or not being deletable.
• 1.29: Tweaked the expert fleet for the multari mission to make them harder.
• 1.29: Added a new rebel ship hull -> The Midgard frigate.
• 1.29: Made the startup online message check multi-threaded, to speed up startup times.
• Windows XP/Vista
• DirectX 9c
• 1.5 GHz
• 512 MB RAM
Homepage - http://positech.co.uk/gratuitousspacebattles/