Gammadyne DJ Jukebox 11.0 | 5.3 MB
DJ Jukebox is an essential tool for managing a song library and generating playlists. Each song can be assigned a rating so that favorites are played more often, and that unwanted songs are never chosen. File management features include global search and replace on filenames, copy or delete files, and rename/move directories. DJ Jukebox can also remote control a media player on a network computer. A click of the mouse can send keystrokes, playing instructions, and volume changes to the server's media player. DJ Jukebox supports all media players, all media file types, commercials, repetition prevention, and much more!
• DJ Jukebox generates random lists of songs which can be delivered to a media player such as Winamp. Each song can be rated (on a scale of 0-100) to ensure that favorites are chosen more often. A rating of 0 will prevent the song from being played altogether.
• DJ Jukebox maintains a list of each song and its rating in the "Song Table". From this table, songs can be easily renamed, deleted, or rated.
• DJ Jukebox can rename or move an entire directory. The Song Table is automatically updated to reflect the new song locations.
• DJ Jukebox can also perform a text search and replace operation on the Song Table. Again, the song files are automatically renamed when a change is made.
• DJ Jukebox can listen for commands from another copy of DJ Jukebox located on a local area network (LAN). Programmable keystrokes can be sent to the server with the click of a button, providing complete remote control over the media player.
• The remote control feature can be used by a dedicated entertainment server. DJ Jukebox can start automatically during bootup and begin listening for remote commands. The server does not even need a monitor.
• DJ Jukebox can insert commercials in between songs. The commercials can be any type of media file that the media player supports. The average number of commercials per song can be adjusted, and individual commercials can be assigned a frequency rating that determines how often they are chosen.
• When DJ Jukebox generates a playlist, it can make sure that songs do not get repeated too often. It can also ensure that no two consecutive songs are from the same album or artist, or have the same name.
• The song list, ratings, and other settings are stored in a "Project" file. There is no limit on the number of projects.
• All songs on the hard drive can be added to the Song Table in one simple step.
• There are two ratings columns: one for when you are alone, and one for when you have guests.
• Songs that were not recorded properly can be marked as "bad". This prevents the song from being chosen for a playlist without removing it from the Song Table.
• The Song Table can be checked for errors, such as a nonexistent file or illegal rating.
• The songs can be located on a network computer (no drive mapping is required).
• If you have a separate entertainment server, it can be shut down remotely. If the server supports the Wake On LAN feature, it can be powered up remotely.
• Playlists can be saved for later retrieval.
• Identical songs can be identified and deleted.
• The complete list of artists, albums, and songs can be printed.
• The Remote Control feature can be incorporated into third-party programs. The help file describes the syntax of all commands and explains how they can be sent to a DJ Jukebox server.
• Command line parameters can be used to generate and play playlists. This is especially useful for creating Desktop shortcuts.
Changes in Version 11.0 (10/26/2009):
· Most icons have been replaced or improved.
· Added the "Generate From Artist" tool to the Playlist menu. This generates a playlist of songs from a single artist of the user's choice.
· Added keyboard defaults for BS.Player and VLC Player.
· Numerous improvements to the "Find All Songs" tool.
· Added the "Convert Extension To Lower Case" and "Reduce Spaces" options to the "Normalize Filenames" tool.
· Numerous interface and skin improvements.
· Redesigned the first-time greeting window.
· Added the ability to hide any column in the Song Table. Right click on the table, and choose Table Options > Hide Columns. This makes the "Show 'Picks' Column" option on the Options menu redundant, and therefore it has been removed.
· The "V" at the top of the volume scrollbar has been replaced with an icon. To mute the volume, click on this icon. The checkbox below the volume scrollbar has been removed.
· Added the "Edit Configuration File" option to the context menu for the media players combobox on the Keystrokes folder.
· Added the ability to drag and drop a .JBP project file from Windows Explorer onto the window caption. This will open the project.
· Improved the organization of the Remote folder.
· Restored support for Windows 95.
· The "Save Playlist" feature has been renamed "Store Playlist".
· Numerous improvements to the installer. An exception is now added to the Windows Firewall. The installer and uninstaller will now automatically close DJ Jukebox and the help file.
· Fixed: the /m switch was being ignored if no project filepath was specified.
· Fixed: the first-time greeting was not appearing.
OS: Windows® 95, 98, NT4, 2000, ME, XP, 2003, Vista, 2008, and 7.
Homepage - www.gammadyne.com