FolderSizes 5.0.64 Pro (x86/x64) | 25.86 MB
Desktop PCs and servers can quickly end up accumulating large quantities of unused, temporary, and duplicate files. Before you know it, you're out of drive space, backups are taking far too long to run, and users can't find the data they need when they need it. You need a visual, interactive software tool to help you manage disk usage. You need FolderSizes. FolderSizes is an award-winning, network-enabled disk space analysis tool. It can quickly isolate large, old, temporary, and duplicate files, or even show file distribution by type, attributes, or owner. All with multiple export formats, command-line support, shell context menu integration, and much more.
FolderSizes goes far beyond the capabilities of competing solutions by combining several tools into one: Disk Space Explorer - Awesome detail view, coupled with stunning graphical bar and pie graphs Duplicate File Report - Quickly isolate and manage duplicate files within any folder or volume Largest Files Report - FolderSizes can quickly show you which files are eating up the most space Oldest Files Report - Use your own criteria to find old files that may no longer be needed Temporary File Report - Eliminate temp file clutter left over from software installs, downloads, browsing, etc. File Owners Report - Discover which users are consuming the most space on local and network drives File Types & Attributes Reports - See the distribution of disk space by file type or attributes Drive Space Monitor - Instant, at-a-glance view of any local, mapped, or removable disk File Sizes, Names & Dates Reports...
“ Powerful, Intuitive, and Incredibly Fast ”
FolderSizes provides an engaging, interactive disk space analysis experience that you must try yourself to truly appreciate. More than just a series of great-looking reports, FolderSizes allows you to visualize your disk space usage from multiple perspectives.
FolderSizes has a world-wide user base of IT professionals, power users, and enterprises of all sizes - each looking to maximize their storage resources and minimize waste. It employs an amazing, multi-threaded file system scanning engine that shows you results immediately - as the scan is progressing!
Benefits & Solutions
Explore, visualize, and comprehend local and network storage
Reclaim gigabytes of drive space - fast!
Improve storage capacity planning capability
Find the disk space hogs with just a few clicks
Manage and monitor disk space across the network (Pro edition only)
Publish disk usage reports right to your web server share
Streamline file systems to optimize backups
Monitor and enforce employee data storage policies
Find excessively long file names that interfere with CD storage, etc.
Find recently saved files without knowing their names (find recently modified)
Find files owned by a specific individual or group
View the "size on disk" (actual space consumed) for any file or folder
Visualize the distribution of files by file type, age, and size
Find and eliminate empty folders
Search files by nearly any file attribute combination
Schedule the generation of nearly any FolderSizes report (Pro edition only)
Hierarchical folder map visualization (based upon treemap technology)
Integrated scheduler (Pro edition only)
Unicode file and folder name support
Interactive, dynamic, full-color bar and pie graphs
Fast, multi-threaded, network-aware file system scanning
Isolate largest, oldest, duplicate, and temporary files
View disk space utilization by file type / attributes
View local & network disk space usage by owner / group
Command line interface for scripting & integration (Pro edition only)
FilterZip regular-expression based compression system
See total & free space for fixed, removable, network drives
Export reports in HTML, XML (Pro edition only), CSV, and more
Integrates with the Windows shell context menu (32 and 64 bit support!)
Extremely configurable - colors, fonts, print options, etc.
Flexible, multi-path oriented search and file reporting systems
Strong support for viewing allocated disk space (e.g. "size on disk")
"Command Prompt from Here" in all context menus
Super-fast, in-memory database provides stunning performance
Support for direct entry of UNC network paths in all reports
Optional symbolic link skipping
Version 5.0.64 (Released October 7, 2010)
• Feature: FolderSizes now provides support for Windows high DPI display settings.
• Feature: The main window detail view now restores cursor selection when using the back button.
• Feature: The FolderSizes right-click context menu now exposes an "Explorer Operation" submenu for single-item selections.
• Feature: Improved main window detail view support for keyboard navigation (enter key opens select file system object, improved arrow key navigation, keyboard shortcut letter access).
• Feature: Significant improvement (decrease) in product installer package sizes.
• Bug fix: Resolved potential crash related to item selection in the main window detail view. The crash could occur when refreshing the detail view after altering its contents.
• Bug fix: On Windows XP, the primary detail view could show the wrong shell icon for root drive paths.
• Bug fix: Resolved a crash that occured when comparing duplicate file system results.
• Bug fix: Resolved a potential crash related to initiating a scan from the "my computer" view.
• Bug fix: Resolved a crash that could occur while exporting main window report data in HTML format.
• Bug fix: Resolved potential failure when editing very long search paths on Windows XP.
• Bug fix: Resolved issue with file ownership preference switches not working correctly for the oldest, largest, and duplicate file reports.
Home Page -