FirePasswordViewer is the GUI version of popular FirePassword tool designed to decrypt sign-on secrets stored by Firefox. Firefox records the login details such as username and password for every website authorized by the user and stores them in the sign-on database file in encrypted format.
FirePasswordViewer tool can decrypt and display these secrets on the same lines as the Firefox built-in password manager. The main advantage of FirePasswordViewer is that it does not require Firefox to be running. This is very useful in recovering the sign-on details when Firefox fails to function properly.
Here are the highlights of top features of FirePasswordViewer which makes it stand apart from other similar tools including commercial ones.
* Instantly decrypt and recover stored encrypted passwords from ‘Firefox Sign-on Secret Store’ for all versions of Firefox.
* Supports recovery of passwords from local system as well as remote system. User can specify Firefox profile location from the remote system to recover the passwords.
* It can recover passwords from Firefox secret store even when it is protected with master password. In such case user have to enter the correct master password to successfully decrypt the sign-on passwords.
* Automatically discovers Firefox profile location based on installed version of Firefox.
* Passwords are not shown by default for security reasons as it is sensitive data. However user can toggle this behavior using ‘Show Password’ button.
* On successful recovery operation, username, password along with a corresponding login website is displayed.
* Sort feature to arrange the displayed password list by username, password or website which makes it easy to search through 100’s of entries.
* User can save the recovered Firefox password list to HTML file for transferring to other system or for future use.
* Easy and faster to use with its enhanced user friendly interface.