FileSalvage 7.0.1 | Mac OSX | 24.3 Mb
FileSalvage is an extremely powerful data recovery tools designed to restore files that have been accidentally deleted, have become unreadable due to media faults, or were stored on a drive before it was re-initialized or formatted. It is device and file system independent, allowing the users to recover files from a normal Mac OS hard drive, USB key, Linux disk, Windows drive, FLASH card, scratched CD, and almost any other media or file system that can be recognized in Mac OS X.
FileSalvage is extremely straightforward. The new user interface allows data recovery to be accomplished with just a few clicks. A user can opt to undelete files that were trashed accidentally, salvage all the files from a device that may or may not be able to mount, or switch to an expert mode for greater flexibility to scan and recover the exact files he or she desires.
To further enhance the user experience, FileSalvage 5 also includes an Auto Rename feature. Unlike most data recovery software available on the market and the previous versions of FileSalvage, version 5 will attempt to reconstruct the file names of the more popular file formats (such as JPEG, MP3, M4A, and etc…), making the recovered files much easier to identify.
One of the biggest developments since the release of Mac OS X, the Intel based Mac provides an astonishing level of performance. Running on Intel Macs, the latest version of FileSalvage is optimized to take advantage of the blazing speed, making scanning and recovering files much faster than on Power PC based machines. In addition to the Intel Mac optimization, free space scanning, a recovery feature that was only available before when running on Power PC based Mac, is now supported on Intel based Mac. The feature will focus the recovery on the free space areas of the drive, vastly cutting down the disk space and the time required for the task.
The latest update of FileSalvage is available on a dual-boot bootable DVD that will start up from either Power PC or Intel based machines. Written specifically for Mac OS X, FileSalvage 5.0 includes powerful features that give the user excellent flexibility and control in data recovery:
* Risk free trial version - see what data can be recovered before you purchase.
* File Preview - see what you are going to get before you recover your deleted file.
* Auto Renamer- reconstructs file names of the popular file formats (JPEG, MP3, M4A, and etc...),
* Easy-to-use interface - reduces data recovery process to a few clicks.
* Device and file system independent - allows recovery from almost any media.
* Works on faulty hardware - recovers data from mechanically unsounded disks or corrupted devices.
* Safety first - protects writing to the disk or device being salvaged from.
* Searches free space - limits FileSalvage to scan only the free space of a volume to recover files from.
WHAT'S NEW in Version 18.104.22.168:
Release notes were unavailable when this listing was updated.
Requirements: PPC / Intel, Mac OS X 10.3 or later