Fate of the World Tipping Point v1.1.1 incl serial-THETA
Fate of the World Tipping Point v1.1.1 MacOSX incl serial-THETA
Extras (Special Edition Designer Notes PDF)
Fate of the World is a dramatic global strategy game that puts all our futures in your hands. The game features a dramatic set of scenarios based on the latest science covering the next two centuries. You must manage a balancing act of protecting the Earth’s resources and climate versus the needs of an ever-growing world population, who are demanding ever more food, power, and living space. Will you help the whole planet or will you be an agent of destruction?
Fate of the World is brought to you by the award-winning Red Redemption games team and Battlestations: Midway Producer Klaude Thomas with climate science by Dr. Myles Allen (University of Oxford), writing by David Bishop (Dr. Who, 2000AD) and music composed by Richard Jacques (Mass Effect, Alice in Wonderland) with game design by veteran game designer Matthew Miles Griffiths (Conflict: Desert Storm, Battlestations: Midway). Fate of the World has been nominated for the 2011 Index: Design Awards and as a Top 10 Social Impact Games of 2010-11 by Games for Change.
Revised, rebalanced and expanded, Tipping Point is Fate of the World as its meant to be played. Take control of the GEO through the five original missions, plus the “Cornucopia” and “Earth Day” update missions, and the “Denial”, “Migration” and “Extras Pack” DLCs.
• Covers 2020 to 2200 - Two centuries years of possible futures
• 12 regions - China, Europe, India, Japan, Latin America, Middle East, North America, Northern Africa, Oceania, Russia, South Asia, Southern Africa
• Scientific Model - by Dr Myles Allen of Oxford University
• Detailed real-world data - gathered over years of research
• Over 100 major policies - including geoengineering, technological research, international aid, diplomacy, economics, emergency defences, species protection, forestry, health, energy choices, population, politics, and clandestine operations
• More than 1,000 impacts - including storms, floods, heatwaves, flash fires, desertification, glacial melt, sea level rise, resource wars, drought, famine, dissidence, extinctions, epidemics, technological break-throughs, energy shortages, and political backlash
• 50 signature animal species to save - against the backdrop of enormous biodiversity loss
• 40 specific future technologies to develop - including nuclear fusion, biofuels, nanotech, robots, AI, smart grids, advanced medicine, synthetic food, and space exploration
• 6 'tipping points' - world-changing events such as the Amazon collapse and the Antarctic ice shelf collapse
• 3D Earth globe - showing climate related changes with Earth 'telemetry' - visually graphing past and future change
• Earth overlays - revealing local temperature change, devastation, and population
Fate of the World: Migration
Fate of the World: Migration DLC adds a whole new dimension to the global political strategy game. With environmental collapse around the world, millions of Climate Refugees feel their homelands in search of a safer home.
New Mission: The Flood is an all-new, self-contained mission that focuses on the human impact of climate change in the next century. In The Flood, you take up the reins of the Global Environmental Organization 80 years after its inception...and your predecessor left a mess. The seas may be rising, and the deserts spreading but the biggest crisis facing Earth is the urgent threat of millions of people forced to flee their homes and countries. Where will these climate refugees go? Relax and tighten borders, curb or encourage emigration and integrate new settlers quickly, or you'll have no choice but to take drastic measures. Whatever you choose, step carefully, or the cost in human life will be unheard of.
• Enhanced migration statistics
• New Mission
• New Cards (playable in Three Degrees, Dr Apocalypse and The Flood)
• New Achievements
Fate of the World: Denial
Previously Available only to those who pre-ordered the original Fate of the World, Denial is the mission that says: “What if we didn't have to worry about climate change?” With carbon emissions not producing any temperature rise, your focus is instead on building wealth in all regions but how will you cope with diminishing resources as consumption grows?
- Fixed: Steam Cloud synchronisation failure on Mac. Caused save files and mission progress to be reset when game was launched. [#3271]
- Fixed: Achievements not awarded on Steam. [#3273]
- Fixed: UI crash in load/save screen when deleting the last save. [#3279]
- Fixed: UI crash when impact effects with unrecognised categories occur (usually triggered by old mods). [#3270]
- Fixed: UI lockup when transitioning between regions with graph open (or something like that) [#3278]
- Changed: 'Relax Borders' now completes after one turn. [#3266]
- Fixed: inline save button on Mac crashed the UI. This button has been removed; the main Save button at the bottom-right of the screen will save the game. [#3268]
- Fixed: Occasional crash when using the ? button in the region telemetry. [#3283]
• Windows XP/Vista/7
• DirectX 9c
• 2.33 GHz
• 2 GB RAM