Faronics WINSelect Enterprise simply allows a complete control over computers on a workstation.
Faronics WINSelect helps you to lockdown computers easily and quickly. It's a synch to create the right settings for your enterprise. Now you can control everything from web browsing restrictions, Microsoft Office functionality, and even set timing restrictions.
Sometimes end users can get into trouble unintentionally – creating more IT support tickets. Trying to implement acceptable use policies can be practically impossible and that's where the danger lies. But here's an easy solution. Faronics WINSelect helps you to lockdown computers easily and quickly. It's a synch to create the right settings for your enterprise. Now you can control everything from web browsing restrictions, Microsoft Office functionality, and even set timing restrictions.
When you're working in a public access environment, it's really handy to be able to restrict saving, printing, and which applications can run. Faronics WINSelect even let's you create session timers so that everyone gets a turn. It also let's you restrict control panels, desktop icons, and even the start button functionality. And when it comes to safeguarding trusted information and customer lists, you can disable USB ports and disk drives to stop information from walking out the door.
It's great for kiosk environments too where you can automatically launch specified applications upon start-up and restrict everything else. The best part is that it's just one click! With Faronics WINSelect you can eliminate those pesky troubleshooting emergencies to fix machines gone awry. This helps you to look like an IT superstar because machines are always available and working as intended, while you can reclaim your time and focus on other strategic projects.
WINSelect Enterprise Features:
- Kiosk options help you control public access machines with just one click. WINSelect allows you to automatically launch specified applications right at the start-up. You can also block access to specific menu items, as well as access to specific applications that you don't want people using. And it's all done with the click of a mouse. How's that for simple?
- Restrict settings for opening, saving, printing, and even timers. In public access environments, you can easily keep machines free of personal data, while controlling what information comes in or out by disabling USB and disk drives. And built-in session timers help you ensure that everyone gets a turn.
- Browser restrictions allow you to control what users can do on the Web. You can disable features within Internet Explore and Mozilla Firefox. You can also freeze the homepage and prevent changes. Or you can create a list of allowed or restricted websites to ensure end users are using the computers for the intended purpose.
- Enterprise-level control is easy using the built-in Faronics Core Console. It makes it easy to deploy, configure and manage WINSelect across your network. You can schedule and execute tasks using groups and even apply configuration changes when workstations are powered off. You can even schedule WINSelect restriction times and levels to meet the demands of your unique environment.
- Faronics WINSelect works with computers running Windows 2000 SP4, Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, Windows 7 (32 & 64-bit), and Windows 8 (32 & 64-bit). Supported programs include Microsoft Office 2000, XP, 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013; Internet Explorer up to version 10.0; and Mozilla Firefox up to version 19. Information on the Faronics Core system requirements can be found in the Faronics Core user guide.