EvoBarcode v1.1 MacOSX Incl Keymaker-CORE | 739.28 KB
Scan barcodes with your iSight! Now you can use your iSight as a barcode scanner! Using advanced image processing techniques, EvoBarcode recognizes barcodes from your iSight and instantly sends them to any application. It can also send scanned barcodes to the Clipboard, or to an AppleScript, allowing you to integrate EvoBarcode with existing software solutions.
How it works Unlike laser-based barcode scanners, EvoBarcode works by capturing video from your camera and analyzing each frame to find barcodes. Its advanced image processing algorithms can find and recognize barcodes regardless of their orientation. EvoBarcode can recognize most of the one dimensional barcode symbologies in common use today, including those used on books, CDs, DVDs, grocery items, coupons, forms, library books, inventory control labels, shipping labels, product serial number labels, etc.
Simple scanning To scan an item, simply hold your iSight up to the item's barcode (or hold the item up to your iSight) so that its barcode appears in the preview window. When you hear the confirmation beep, the barcode has been scanned. With no trigger or buttons to press, scanning with EvoBarcode is simple, fast and fun!
* Supports UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-13, EAN-8, Code 39, Code 128, Codabar and Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode symbologies
* Supports 2 or 5 digit extensions on UPC-A and EAN-13 barcodes
* Sends scanned barcodes to any application, to the Clipboard, or to an AppleScript for integration with other software solutions
* Full-speed color preview with optional scan target for easy scanning
* Can adjust iSight manual focus while scanning
* Snapshots of items can be quickly saved to the Desktop
What's New in EvoBarcode 1.1?
* Added support for Code 39, Code 128, Codabar and Interleaved 2 of 5 barcode symbologies
* Added support for 2 or 5 digit extensions on UPC-A and EAN-13 barcodes
* Added ability to adjust focus while scanning
* Added ability to take snapshots
* Added ability to append a tab, enter or return character when sending barcodes to applications
Requirements EvoBarcode requires Mac OS X 10.3 or later.