Engineering Science, 5th Edition
Published by Newnes | Publication date : August 2006 | ISBN : 0750680830 | PDF | 445 pages | 15.6 MB
Engineering Science is a comprehensive textbook suitable for all vocational and pre-degree courses. Taking a generic approach, the essential scientific principles engineering students need for their studies are presented topic by topic. Unlike the majority of texts available on this subject, Bill Bolton goes beyond the core science to include the mechanical, electrical and electronic principles needed in the majority of courses.
A concise and accessible text is supported by numerous worked examples and problems, with a complete Answer Section at the back of the book. Now in its fifth edition, the text has been fully updated in line with the current BTEC National syllabus and includes a grid mapping the chapters to the BTEC units. The breadth of coverage means this fifth edition will also prove an essential reference for students embarking on HNC and Foundation Degrees, who require a general introduction to this subject area.
New for this edition is online lecturer support available from
* Key points, definitions and equations from the book for use as handouts
* Multiple Choice Questions
* Answers to the Multiple Choice Questions
* PowerPoint slides featuring essential illustrations per topic area for use in lectures or as handouts
* Generic topic-based approach - ensures suitability for all vocational and pre-degree level students
* Coverage mechanical, electrical and electronic principles in one volume provides a comprehensive exploration of scientific engineering principles
* Fully up to date with the latest Level 3 syllabus requirements