Emailarms Internet Kiosk Pro v6.3 | 8.02 MB
Internet Kiosk Pro represents a useful software that will turn your PC into an Internet kiosk public access workstation.Completely disable access to files and software installed on your PC and give full access to all necessary applications user should use. Create a workstation for a public place and give strangers free access to it in such a way that they could use it without damaging system files and applications or cluttering HDD with garbage. Selectively allow users any programs installed on your PC such as web browser, email client, office applications and other tools in a secure manner. Internet Kiosk Pro is a complete complex solution for Internet cafes, public libraries, information terminals and stand-alone kiosks as well as for limiting activities of children on home PCs.Internet Kiosk Pro supports several security modes such as username and password authentication, time-locked code to allow users to access workstation for a given period of time only and a combination of both.
· You can lock any PC and allow users access to only one or more programs that you choose. By default, all programs are disabled and you have full control on which programs to enable. You might want to only enable Internet Explorer or one of your specific programs that you use, for example a library may enable it's own library search program.
· This program is built to make every effort in preventing the users from gaining unauthorized access to your regular Windows environment. Once the user is in locked mode, he stays in the locked mode. You can even set the program so it goes into locked mode by itself right away after the reboot.
· You can create shortcuts to websites that you choose. As many as you like. This is done to make it convenient for users to visit certain sites you want.
· For any shortcuts you can specify to run the Internet Explorer in kiosk mode. This means it will open up in full screen, without any toolbars (no address bar, task bar and so on) and will look as if it is the only application running. You can create one or all of your shortcuts in this mode. It's your choice.
· You can mark Internet shortcuts as executed by default. This means every time a user logs into the workstation with Internet Kiosk Pro, this program will run by itself.
· You have full control on who gets access to your workstations. You can choose to let everybody use your workstations or only the users that you specified with username and password. You can also choose give people a one-time code that is limited in time and can be used only once.
· Possible to issue the time locking codes
· When you run an Internet cafe, or simply want your users to have access that is limited in time, a perfect way is to issue a time locking code. It is only valid for a certain period of time and will automatically sign out user and close all his or her programs. The user will see the time left for him to work on the workstation and a special progress bar that will also visualize it even further.
· Possible to block most of the functions in the Internet Explorer
· Internet Kiosk Pro has a very easy way to allow or disallow certain functions in Internet Explorer. You can hide or show menus, toolbars, allow or prohibit downloads, hide drives on the disk and so on. Check the Internet Kiosk Pro trial version to see the big selection.
· You can also completely block off some of the keys when running in the Windows NT/2000/XP/2003 Server. You can completely block keys like Ctrl, Alt, Function keys, Backspace and so on, so that user is even further limited to the programs and options that you choose. Moreover, you can also lock down the mouse wheel, middle and right buttons to even further limit access.
· If you have multiple workstations in your organization and you wish to allow access based on the username and password, you have the option of creating and managing a single file on a network drive with all the users needed and then sharing it for all workstations to use.
· Run the Internet Kiosk Pro automatically in locked mode in your workstation
· You can choose run the Internet Kiosk Pro automatically every time a computer boots, so that even you your workstation is rebooted, the users will still not gain access to the unlocked Windows mode. If you choose this option, once Windows boots, it will run this program and it will go into locked mode by itself right away.
· If you are running kiosk under Windows NT/2000/XP/Server 2003 where user access is controlled through the Windows login process or you simply wish to connect to a domain or a workgroup, you can type in your login name, password and domain credentials into the Internet Kiosk Pro and it will log in for you automatically and go to a locked mode.
· When you need to change options in the program or troubleshoot it, it is very easy to unlock the workstation as administrator. You specify a master password and you have 3 ways to unlock it. Either by pressing a key combination that you define, or double clicking on the lower bar, or pressing a button (if you allow it) on toolbar.
Homepage - http://www.emailarms.com