Eltima Software Application as Service v18.104.22.168 // iMST
Application As Service - run application as Windows Service : Program to Service software
Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you not only to run any application program executable as Windows service but to create and manage system services locally or on any remote computer as well, benefiting from all of the advantages native Windows services provide.
Application as Service ensures that your application launched as service will:
* run locally or on remote PC over network or Internet
* run at specific time or date (backup utility, scheduler, etc)
* restart on power failures or application crashes (client-server utilities, databases, etc) automatically
* run at the predefined order (follows the service it depends upon)
* start prior to user logon (monitoring tools, surveillance utilities, etc) and even above the WinLogon screen (not in Vista, sorry)
* run on the desktop which you specify (screensaver, etc)
* be executed with specified user rights and priority
Unlike standard services which, per se, are non-interactive and run in background, programs started by our utility can respond to user-generated events (mouse clicks, keyboard buttons, etc).
Application as Service offers additional options such as advanced recovery (restart the service your application is started by; restart computer; launch supplementary application), sophisticated dependencies mechanism, pre-service/port-service application start-up, grant your application certain rights/priority, "consistent-application-crash" protection, forceful application exit, graceful console application exit, on-the-fly start-up customization and lots more.
Application as Service is naturally a command line driven application. The graphical user interface it provides is a front-end to console application which helps you grasp the overwhelming number of options and simplifies the whole process of installing and launching your application as service. Alternatively, you can install and start services using XML configuration file which guarantees simple integration and extensibility of Application as Service great features into your own application (OEM license only).
Finally, this software provides all possible functionality needed to run application as services you may think of, simplifying system administration chores and software development.
(Size: 10.51 MB)
(Size: 10.51 MB)