EasyCSV2SQLite makes it easy to convert comma delimited text files to sqlite databases. The primary use would be to include datasets inside development projects. To further enable this, EasyCSV2SQLite will generate objective-c code necessary to read the created SQLite database.
EasyCSV2SQLite v1.0 MacOSX Retail-CORE
EasyCSV2SQLite is a very simple application, but does its job well!
- each column is a VARCHAR(255)
- line endings for the CSV file can be LF/CR/CRLF
- first line used as column headers
- objective-c code generated for reading database
- uses NSScanner rather than componentsSeparatedByString so it properly parses commas in quotation marks
The code generation was initially based on code from a blog post at dBlog.com.au. Thanks to them for showing how easy it is to read SQLite from objective-c!