DVD Catalyst 3 v3.77.1 Retail | 10.49 MB
DVD Catalyst 3 converts movies quickly and easily into a format that can be played on a portable device (Apple iPod, Apple iPhone, Sony PSP, Creative Zen, Smartphone, PocketPC and more) It offers a multitude of different video types it can create, allowing it to even create video files for non-listed or brand-new devices.
DVD Catalyst 3 incorporates an extensive feature list, with many unique, handy and industry-first options to make your conversions as easy as possible, while providing you with the best possible quality.
DVD Catalyst 3 uses the award-winning open source mplayer/mencoder projects for detection and conversion, which allows DVD Catalyst to convert just about anything to any format without the need of having codec's installed on your computer.
* Unique 1-click interface. Using a wizard-like program for your conversions is helpful in the beginning, but for users who have the perfect system setup, having to click through each step, and every screen for every DVD or video file you want to convert becomes tiresome and slows you down. DVD Catalyst 3 is uniquely designed to convert movies with as little clicks as possible - and even 1 click and no click modes are available!
* Converts all DVDs and all common video files to a format that can be played on virtually any portable device, including new codec standards and releases as well as DIVX, XVID, AVI, MPEG, MPEG4, TiVo, DVR-MS (SD), TS, FLV, ISO, MDF
* Does not need any additional software for accessing protected DVDs * Unrestricted 7-day trial. No 5 minute test conversions, no files that need to be recreated after you purchase the program. After the trial expires, just install the purchased version and continue where you left off - including retaining your personalised settings!
* Converts to all common video file formats, including AVC, H264, MP4, DIVX, XVID, WMV, 3GP, MPEG * Includes an ever expanding list of conversion profiles for all the popular devices on the market, including Pocket PC, Smartphone, XBOX 360, Playstation3, PSP, iPod Nano, iPod Classic, iPod Touch, iPhone, AppleTV, Archos, Zen. If your device is not listed, you can try using a profile from a similar device, or modify the settings according to its specifications.
If you need help, just email us the specifications of your device, and we'll do what we can to make it work. There is no need to purchase the same program for other devices.
* Complete freedom on quality settings and target size. You can adjust the settings for the best possible quality, small file size or anything in-between.
* Multi-Device queue. DVD Catalyst 3 is the ONLY application on the market that allows you to queue up as many devices as you want for conversions. If you have a variety of devices and you want to watch movies on all of them, DVD Catalyst is your best choice. Queue up your iPhone, the Wife/Daughters Nano and your son's PSP in DVD Catalyst 3, pop in a DVD and click 'Go'.
* Automatic batching. Multiple DVD drives, video files, video folders are all automatically queued up for conversion. You can even have DVD Catalyst 3 monitor your Video Recording folders (from MediaCenter, TiVo desktop etc) to check for new files whenever they are available.
* Automatic (0 Click) conversion. You can have DVD Catalyst automatically start a conversion when a DVD is inserted; a new video file is added to your folders. All of the options in DVD Catalyst 3 can be set for automatic mode, including cropping and language/subtitle selections. You can have it run automatically when your computer starts up, so you never have to see the program again. Install it on a Home Theatre PC (HTPC) and when it's done with a DVD, it will be ejected without ever having to click a button.
* Automatic black bar (letterbox) removal. For all conversions, DVD Catalyst 3 can remove black bars. It doesn't matter what kind of screen your device has, movies will always look full screen.
* 80+ page PDF manual. While you do not need to read the manual to be able to use DVD Catalyst 3, all of its features are explained in detail. It includes documentation on various aspects of getting video content on a portable device, as well as example scenarios on how to set it up for certain tasks.
* Support. All DVD Catalyst users who had questions for us are impressed by the way we provide support. We always answer within a day, and mostly even within a few hours. We do not pile up support requests, and we actually do what we can to help. On www.dvdcatalystgt.com we provide a support forum as well as email support for assisting our users with whatever issue they might have.
DVD Catalyst 3 runs on all versions of Windows 2000, Windows XP and Windows Vista.
As for specific hardware requirements; DVD Catalyst will take anything that is able to run one of the supported base operating systems. Of course the faster the processor and the faster the DVD drive/Hard drive, the faster the conversions.
Multi-core (Dual, Quad) and multi-processor are also supported and used optimally for almost all conversion operations (all iPod-related, AVC and H264 formats). For conversion to other video formats multi-core helps.
Quality improvement Some codecs were optimized for speed, which made a huge impact on the resulting quality. (DIVX, MPEG) These have been modified to produce a better quality.
Drag & Drop support for Windows Vista. Just like in the other Windows-versions, you can now just drag files and folders onto the application and DVD Catalyst 3 will sort out what it can handle.
Multi-selection when adding files. When you add files using the “Add file” button, you can now select more than one file at a time. Hold down the “CTRL” key on your keyboard while clicking on files to select them. Hold down the “Shift” key to select a range of files.
2Pass XVID(as well as some other 2-pass options) 2Pass conversions had some issues with unpredictable filesize. This should now be more accurate.
Samsung Eternity device profile
Blackberry profiles for the Bold and Storm.
HTC profiles for the Cruise and Diamond (and others)
Deinterlace option in Global Settings (enabled by default, read below)
homepage - http://www.pocketdvd.ca/products/dvd%20catalyst%203.html