CyberLink release a minor update for PowerDVD Ultra 16. Resolves a few issues with some improvements.
With over 300 million copies sold, PowerDVD is the world's number one movie and media player, serving up the highest quality, most immersive media entertainment experience available on PC. PowerDVD 16 now brings this award-winning experience to your big-screen TV, with a stunning new TV Mode that lets you recreate the atmosphere of cinema in your own home.
TV Mode — Bring the Movies Home!
Brand new TV Mode means you can enjoy a cinema-quality movie experience from the comfort of your sofa. Immerse yourself in a movie watching experience that's beyond anything you've enjoyed before.
Sit back and relax while you browse and control your entertainment using your mobile phone. PowerDVD Remote has been redesigned with the new TV Mode in mind.
CyberLink's unique TrueTheater enhancements improve the quality of even Blu-ray and hi-def video, and the difference it makes to watching movies on your big screen TV has to be seen to be believed. Immerse yourself in the richest colors, sharpest images, most detailed picture quality imaginable and be blown away by dynamic, deep surround sound that will put you right in the middle of the action.
Media Casting to Big Screen
No other Windows 10 compatible media player supports Roku®, Apple TV® and Chromecast™ streaming. With PowerDVD 16 you can now wirelessly send any media to your big screen.
3 Big Advantages
- Power-up Your Casting Device: For video, audio or photo formats not natively supported by Roku®, Apple TV® or Chromecast™, PowerDVD will convert them in real time.
- Superior Quality: You can apply PowerDVD's award-winning TrueTheater technologies to anything you stream for enhanced audio-video quality.
- Wireless and Hassle-Free: Any video, music or photo format you watch on PowerDVD can be streamed to your TV through a Roku®, Apple TV® or Chromecast™ device. No cables, no fuss.
Enhanced 4K Viewing
PowerDVD is the only blu-ray player optimized for playback on Ultra HD 4K screens. Intelligent rendering technology tailors playback performance to your screen, meaning lag-free, smooth playback even on the latest Ultra HD 4K TVs.
Cinema Quality Audio Playback
For a truly immersive movie experience you need exceptional audio. PowerDVD supports master-quality sound technology from the leaders in professional digital audio—Dolby and DTS. Enjoy the acoustic difference of specialized multichannel audio and lossless audio formats such as FLAC and DSD.
TrueTheater — A New Depth of Engagement
Plug in and shut out the rest of the world with PowerDVD, the only Windows 10 Blu-ray and DVD player with the unique ability to enhance video and create an eveloping surround-sound audio environment.
Expanded Format Support
PowerDVD supports a huge range of video, audio, and image file formats, meaning that you can play virtually any media. Supporting the latest in video formats and codecs, as well as offering unparalleled audio format support, PowerDVD stands apart when it comes to providing the most all-around entertainment experience for the home theater or PC/laptop.
Fast Start-up with Instant Play
Refinements to PowerDVD's Instant Play technology means PowerDVD 16 loads quicker and leaves a smaller system footprint than previous versions. Take a look at our demo video to see just how much faster PowerDVD 16 is compared to other playback software.
Super-Fluid Slow Motion Action
PowerDVD's smart rendering technology allows you to smoothly playback 120/240 fps video. PowerDVD can automatically detect your monitor's playback capabilities and adjust accordingly meaning you can enjoy flawlessly smooth slow motion video without any extra plugins or setting changes.
- By using PowerDVD to enjoy videos online you can:
- Pin (download) YouTube videos to play offline
- Play pinned videos in fast-forward or slow-mo
- Group your favorite music videos as a playlist
- Upscale YouTube content to HD on-the-fly with TrueTheater HD
- Watch 2D YouTube videos in 3D with TrueTheater 3D
- Use YouTube's "Watch later" feature
Get the Look & Feel You Want
Customization options let you tailor PowerDVD to your needs. Hide Media Panel tabs to streamline the interface and tailor your player's background wallpaper.
Start Watching from Where You Left Off
Whenever you watch movies, TV series, and even view photo albums, PowerDVD will automatically remember where you finished up, and resume at the point where you last stopped watching.
- Microsoft Windows 10, 8.1 / 8, 7.
What's new in PowerDVD Ultra 16:
TV mode is the successor of PowerDVD Cinema mode and aims to provide an easier and intuitive interface for users who wish to watch movies on bigger screens. PowerDVD 16 also makes it possible to cast video, audio and photos to several devices. Here is the full list of new features in PowerDVD 16.
• All new TV mode* that helps you recreate a cinema experience in your own home.
• Cast media* to a Chromecast, Apple TV, or Roku device.
• Play media on extended Miracast-certified devices and displays connected via an HDMI, DisplayPort, DVI, D-Sub connection.*
• An improved TrueTheater algorithm for even smarter and sharper enhancements.
• Play protected video content stored on SeeQVault* enabled devices.
• Resume playback on video files in the My Computer tab and access to Windows "Favorites" folder.
• Import personal settings and existing media library when updating from previous version.
• DSD (Direct-Stream Digital) audio* output support.
• Support for the FLAC audio codec and MVC 3D codec for MKV video files.
• Extract audio* from multiple video files at once, or an entire video folder.
• VobSub embedded subtitle support for MKV and MP4 video, and compressed external PGS subtitles for MKV files.