Camera Bits Photo Mechanic 188.8.131.52 Portable | 24.16 Mb
Camera Bits Photo Mechanic is a photo "browser" designed with speed and ease of use in mind. You can call it a "photo editor" as well. But unlike other photo editing programs that are designed to work with one photo at a time in order to edit its pixels, Photo Mechanic is designed to work with groups of photos together in order to manage them. Professional photo editors who handle lots of photos daily, often under deadline, understand this distinction. Their job involves selecting photos, not selecting pixels.
Photo Mechanic takes the work out of workflow
Fast Sort — Photo Mechanic helps you quickly find your best shots. Custom sorting methods are available for your particular workflow. Multithreaded software works in the background to keep ahead of you, so images appear blazingly fast. You can view your originals full screen, compare similar shots side by side, delete the bad shots, tag photos while watching a slide show, and sort your keepers into multiple folders.
Fast Workflow — Work with batches of Photos to:
Photo Mechanic's powerful Ingest utility lets you copy images from several flash cards simultaneously, flatten the directory structure, apply IPTC metadata (City, State, Photographer's name, Copyright, etc.), create a backup on a separate hard drive and rename your files — all in one step! The ability to open a Contact Sheet during ingest allows you to start editing your files immediately, no more having to wait until the copy process is complete.
You can quickly rotate, preview, copy, delete, tag, watermark, rename, resize, and add IPTC meta-data to photos both individually and in batches. Adjust capture dates and times, change a files resolution, or embed an ICC profile into your JPEGs. Lock previews and pan them around together to compare details efficiently. Manually arrange photos in an arbitrary order, including across multiple folders.
Photo Mechanic makes it easy to add common "IPTC" (or meta-data) information (like city, state, keywords, and caption) to groups of photos at once. Reduce time and improve accuracy when captioning files by using the Code Replacement feature.
Create web galleries, print contact sheets, transfer photos to an FTP server or upload them to an online service such as PhotoShelter. Send photos to your clients via email, or archive your keepers by burning them to CDs or DVDs.
Configure it your way - Put image meta-data to work to customize your results. Do you want to include shutter speed, aperture and caption information with your prints or web page (and sometimes the date and city, but never the time)? Rename files by photographer & state? Sort photos by city or date? Automatically convert the color profile for web photos so they look their best and stay small? Configure your own preferences or stay with the friendly defaults.
• Rotate your JPEG files without loss of quality.
• Display file Exif information.
• Tag your files during a slideshow presentation.
• The Structured Keywords feature uses a hierarchically arranged controlled vocabulary (CV).
• Use the Show Map command to plot a photo with embedded GPS coordinates in a window using Google maps.
• Sharpen thumbnails for display.
• Full support for IPTC4XMP core specifications — UTF-8 character support.
• Assign a Color Class or 5-star rating.
• Inline spell checking helps you create accurate IPTC captions.
• Write IPTC captions in your choice of language.
• New customizable multi-line thumbnail labels
Photo Mechanic Version 4.6
The latest Photo Mechanic Version 4.6 incorporates many improvements including:
Live Ingest for importing photos from wireless or tethered shooting;
Embedding of GPS coordinates in photos individually or in a batch using GPS log files;
New Upload templates including Secure FTP, Amazon S3, DF Studio, ExposureManager, Flickr, Gallery 2, SmugMug, and Zenfolio;
A Convert RAW to DNG command for convenient access to Adobe's DNG format converter;
New Exporter templates for Goggle Earth, Soundslides, and HTML or Flash slideshows;
A loupe tool in the Contact Sheet view;
Text auto-completion to speed-up captioning;
File upload status indicators in the Contact Sheet;
Enhanced Code Replacement allowing multiple replacements for each code;
An auto-advance after tagging feature in the Preview window
What's new in version 184.108.40.206
* Improved support for the Canon EOS-1D Mark IV model.
* Fixed problems with soft crops in RAW files not showing correctly, primarily with DNG files that have a cropped preview generated by DNG Converter and Nikon NEF files saved by Capture NX 2 with a rotation or crop applied.
* RAW files with existing Photo Mechanic end-of-file preferences will be updated as necessary regardless of setting to "Allow RAW (non-DNG) files to be modified" (so that the existing data doesn't become "stale").
* Fixed a bug in the Save As dialog where the root save folder path wasn't being saved and restored properly in the preferences.
* (Win) Tag/Rating/Color Class advance to next photo in Preview window now works properly and updates the info text and histogram.
* (Win) Fixed Arrangements issue when reusing Contact Sheet tabs.
* (Mac) Loupe tool now works for RAW files that contain no embedded JPEG preview as long as ImageIO supports them.
* (Mac) Fixed Tooltip "ghosting" issue.