Bookends 11.0.5 | Mac OS X | 37.2 MB
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks. Bookends can perform Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs or web pages, or immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf. Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, tag clouds, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection.
Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want. Scan your word processor manuscripts to create publication-ready documents complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Import references and pdfs found on PubMed from your iPhone or iPod Touch (requires separate purchase of PubMed On Tap from the iTunes App Store). And much more. Compatible with Word 2004/2008, Mellel, Apple Pages '08 and ‘09, Nisus Writer Pro, and OpenOffice 3.
Mac Platform: UB
OS version: 10.4 and later
* Global automatic renaming of attachments.
* Automatically rename pdfs after autocompleting a paper.
* Attach multiple files to new references in one step.
* The ~/Documents/Bookends folder can be deleted by the user if it is not being used.
* Extended the ability to exclude particular titles from title-case rules.
* Footnotes created with a custom citation format and that contain super- or subscripted characters will be displayed correctly in scanned Pages documents.
* Improved List View author-date sort.
* Restored the ability to import references from existing bibliographies via CrossRef (had been broken by changes made by CrossRef.org).
* File -> Import From Existing Bibliography is a menu item.
* Improved handling of text files after import.
* Bug fixes.
Link for more information: