Bookends 11.1.5 | Mac OSX | 37.7 Mb
Reference management entails the collection, annotation, and citation of published information. Bookends greatly simplifies these tasks. Bookends can perform Internet searches to retrieve references and associated pdfs or web pages, or immediately find and import references for which you already have the pdf. Versatile groups (static, smart, and virtual), reference cross-linking (links), multiple notecards per reference, and near-instantaneous live searches help organize and find information in your personal collection. Highly configurable displays let you view the reference information and attachments the way you want. Scan your word processor manuscripts to create publication-ready documents complete with bibliographies and footnotes. Import references and pdfs found on PubMed from your iPhone or iPod Touch (requires separate purchase of PubMed On Tap from the iTunes App Store). And much more. Compatible with Word 2004/2008, Mellel, Apple Pages '08 and ‘09, Nisus Writer Pro, and OpenOffice 3.
Bookends allows you to share your references over the Internet with anyone, on any platform! And with Bookends you can directly search and import references from numerous sources:
Web of Science
the Library of Congress
and hundreds of other online sources.
Or use a built-in browser to download references with pdfs and/or web pages. Also, with automatic searches of PubMed you can discover articles as soon as they’re published. Bookends allows for powerful group-based searches, with static, smart, and virtual groups.
Bookends also offers a robust assortment of file attaching features:
Attach any file (such as a pdf) to a reference and view or open it instantly.
Automatically rename and organize pdf files on-the-fly.
Automatically download and attach the pdf of an article from the Internet if you have access permission.
Automatically locate and attach pdfs on your hard drive.
* A new metacharacter to automatically change parentheses to square brackets.
* Updated the JSTOR Bookends Browser importer to be compatible with changes made by JSTOR.
* Access Google Scholar Related articles in Online Search.
* Cited pages are ignored when a format calls for numbered citations.
* Use literal text with more than one citation in a citation group in Word and Nisus Writer Express.
* If a citation group contains literal text at the beginning, the group will not be sorted during a scan.
* You can now access formats in the Custom Formats folder when running in the demo mode.
* Bug fixes.
System Requirements: Mac OSX 10.4 or higher