Here's the latest updated release of HDDLife Pro. The best way to monitor your HDD/SSD.
Modern hard drives are much more reliable than the disks of yesterday. However, they still are extremely complex electronic devices with moving parts that are subject to amortization. The high density of data storage provided by the modern disks allows for greater storage capacities and higher access speeds. However, with densities and capacities pushed to the extreme you have much more to lose should the drive fail.
The hard drive is the most important component in your entire PC because it holds all that is of real value: your documents, digital pictures, email messages, your work and private data. HDDLife Pro can now read the signs given by SSD disks, allowing you to move your data long before the lifespan of your SSD comes to an end. SSD's store your data using an entirely different approach compared to traditional hard drives.
As a result, they give different signs and warnings about the possibility of a near failure. With flash cells comprising these disks having a limited life cycle, SSD's allow only a limited number of writes before the drive fails. Even with level wearing and all the extra safety features provided by today's smart SSD controllers, it's still a good idea to know what's going on inside, how much of your drive's rated lifespan is used, and how much is still available.
Can You See the Warning Sign?
Luckily, today's hard drives rarely fail without a warning given well in advance. All modern disks are equipped with a feature called S.M.A.R.T. that allows real-time analysis and reporting of any developing problems and potential issues. The big question is: can you read the warnings?
Windows? OEM? HDDLife®!
- Microsoft Windows, including the new Windows Vista, does not bundle any tools that can access this data. It's been long ago since hard disk manufacturers offered software with their drives that could warn you of a developing problem; but not anymore.
- HDDLlife Pro is a hard drive monitor that gives users warning disk failure. HDDlife reads S.M.A.R.T. data from all of your hard drives and allows you to see clearly the health and resources of your disks.
- No need for lengthy surface scans! The trademarked JustNow™! technology will detect the health of your drives immediately after you run HDDlife for the very first time.
- HHDDlife has a highly customizable list of warnings. When your hard drive's reliability degrades to a certain level, HDDlife will promptly display a warning message. A tool tip near the system clock usually works best, but you can choose among several types of warnings.
- Are you a system administrator managing multiple PCs? HDDLife can deliver those warnings by email or over the network.
Tune Your Hard Drive Performance
HDDlife is not limited to monitoring your disk's health. It can cut your power bills by reducing your disk's power consumption - a truly unique feature which is invaluable if you are managing a number of computers! If your computer sits in a bedroom, you'll certainly appreciate the ability to easily silence your hard drives by enabling a silent mode without sacrificing too much performance. HDDlife allows you to fine-tune your disk's noise level and adjust noise vs. performance the way you like.
- Control the health of your hard drives with the S.M.A.R.T. technology and warn you about potential problems the moment they start developing
- Monitor all your hard drives in the background - all the time!
- Support external USB disks.
- Display the drive's health, temperature, resources and free space.
- Display hard disk activities in the system tray, Windows Vista Sidebar and Google Desktop.
What's new in version 4.1.203 :
- New method to access hdd info. Should work on some configurataion, where previous versions reports "No HDDs with S.M.A.R.T."
- Some bug fixes.
* Other new features and improvements in the version 4.0:
- SSD (solid-state drives) support.
- Improved interface.
- Fixed bugs.
1. Unpack & Install.
2. Copy/Replace EXE, DLL, BAT and NFO files into install directory
3. Excute install.bat with administrator right (right-click on the file "install.bat" and select "Run As Administrator").
BinarySense HDDLife Pro 4.1.203 Multilingual - Uploaded - RapidGator - DataFile