This is the most advanced security solution of avast! 2015. This is working smoothly on all Windows 8.1 Editions.
Our most advanced security suite adds military-grade data shredding and automatic software updates in addition to antivirus, firewall, and Home Network Security. avast! is only the most trusted name in antivirus, actively protecting more than 200 million PCs, Macs and Androids.
Automatic software updates
Hackers love to exploit old software. It's the weakest link in most people's security. Avast Premier automates software updating so you don't have to think about it.
Putting you a few steps ahead
Looking for the ultimate? You're in the right place. In addition to all the features of Internet Security, you are getting advanced security measures keeping your PCs and network even safer.
Yes, your PC can run it
If your PC can run the full version of Windows 8.1, it can run Premier. Period.
You need at least Windows XP (with SP2) installed. Windows Vista, 7, 8, and even 8.1 are fully supported (unless your device runs the Starter or RT edition) in both the 32- and 64-bit variant. A 10-year old Pentium 3 processor will do, with 128 MB RAM and 2 GB of hard-drive space. And now imagine the stellar performance with your new hardware!
What's new in avast! Premier 2015 10.2.2218:
- Faster start after reboot - some components are loaded later
- File System Shield - solved incompatibility with TrueCrypt
- File System Shield - exclusions work again
- Added option to install Skype during Avast installation
- StreamFilter - Improved compatibility with other AV products
1. Firstly, use the avast! cleaner to remove all previous versions.
2. Reboot. Install and use the provided license. Don't update it.