avast! 4 Professional antivirus, anti-spyware & anti-rootkit for Windows
The professional solution to great protection
avast! 4 Professional Edition represents the best antivirus protection
avast! 4 Professional Edition comes with anti-spyware, anti-rootkit and strong self-protection built-in. It is designed to protect your valuable data and programs, as well as keep itself up-to-date and has the kind of built-in features that many vendors charge for additionally, or don’t include at all. Simply install and forget.
All-inclusive, comprehensive protection avast! 4 Professional Edition includes ANTI-SPYWARE protection, certified by the West Coast Labs Checkmark process, to protect against the latest spyware threats and ANTI-ROOTKIT DETECTION based on the best-in class GMER technology, built in to the scan engine. No additional purchase is required.
Simple to use and automated Just install and go. Automatic incremental updates provide real-time protection of your system, including web surfing. We’ve made avast! antivirus as simple to use as possible, while allowing full control of your security.
Tried and Trusted With over 50 million users of avast!, you can rest assured that you are using one of the most tried and trusted products in Windows security. We support more Windows versions (from Windows 95 to Vista 64 Bit) than any other anti-malware product. No matter what system you have, at home or on a corporate network, avast! has it covered.
* solved incompatibility of the avast self protection module and the System Restore feature (Windows XP/Vista)
* solved keyboard/mouse lags in some games (e.g. World of Warcraft)
* “Quick” scan now quick again (in the previous version, it was usually slower than “Normal” scan)
* fixed slow resuming from hibernation (on certain systems)
* improved stability of aswSP.sys kernel driver
* fixed deleting of infected files in some nested archives
* shell extension: under Windows Vista, shortcut targets are now correctly scanned
* boot-time scanner now correctly displays warning messages about corrupted archives
* improved scanning speed in the Simple user interface
* improved handling of scan exceptions
* self protection: improved detection of changes in the INI file
* start of the “avast! Mail Scanner” service should now be fast again
* fixed a problem with avast being installed in a directory with name containing non-Latin characters
* fixed entering of the license key (didn’t work in certain configurations)
* improved detection/healing of MBR rootkits
* avast can now correctly handle the case when the INI file is missing/corrupted
* the “Disable startup rootkit scan” option on the Troubleshooting page now effective
* P2P Shield: added support for Azureus Vuze and Qtrax
* taskbar messages from Internet Mail should now correctly handle most common character encodings
* fixed problems with the boot-time scanner on FAT partitions
* small improvements in some unpackers (WinExec, RAR, CHM)
* fixed the message announcing the license key going to expire soon
* on 64-bit Windows, avast now detects both 32-bit and 64-bit version of the WHS connector
* the avast Home / Pro Edition comparison window is now correctly displayed even under Windows