ArkBackup is an application created to help you protect your important data from irreparable loss or damage. It can help to create a backup for your disk files and Windows Registry keys by schedule.
· Fast - The ArkBackup's Backup Engine uses the inimitable algorithm developed by ourselves to create backup archive (.abkf). Under the same conditions, e.g. compress data or not, encrypt or not, ArkBackup always much faster than most of other primary backup or file compressing tools.
· Multiple backup sources - ArkBackup's Backup Engine supports to backup disk files, Windows Registry keys and Windows environment (e.g. Desktop icons positions, etc) inherently.
· Advanced transaction-based operation - All backup jobs are organized by transactions and tasks. Transaction is the operation unit. E.g. you can create a task which for backing up the data files and create another task to backup some related keys in Windows Registry. Organize these two tasks in one transaction, since they are integrative.
· Flexible backup types - ArkBackup supports incremental backup and fully backup. Fully backup creates a full copy of your up-to-date data every time. Whereas the incremental backup backs up the whole sources at the first time, and then only backs up the changed files since last backup. This can decrease the amount of backup time obviously.
· Multiple backup archive types - Besides the official backed up archive format, ArkBackup can also create ZIP package archive and original files/folders to meet your multiple requirements.
· Reliable security - ArkBackup allows to set a password for your backed up data, then ArkBackup encrypts your data with a highly strong encrypt arithmetic so that anyone else who doesn't have a correct password can't open/restore and read your data.
· Flexible and powerful scheduler - You can specify a flexible schedule for running a transaction by schedule. E.g. once, daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
· Flexible restore options - All of your data are organized by "timing catalog" and "disk trees". You can restore the full archive, or restore a specified catalog, tree, or just one file.
· Supports archive splitting - ArkBackup supports to split the backup archive to multiple specs. E.g. 640MB(CD), 4.3GB(DVD), etc. This can help to burn a large archive to multiple medias such as CD, DVD discs.
· Customizable - ArkBackup allows to specify to run additional programs before and/or after backing up a transaction. In general, it gives a great convenience. Even you also can add a date stamp to the filename of backed up archive.
Works on: Windows 2K / XP / 2003 / Vista