Alien Skin Snap Art® 2.0.1 Photoshop Plug-in | 12.64 MB
Snap Art® 2.0.1, the new version of our artistic natural media plug-in for Adobe® Photoshop® and Photoshop Elements. Snap Art turns a photo into a beautiful work of art with a single click. Choose from ten natural media and hundreds of styles, such as oil paint, watercolor, and pencil sketch. Detailed simulation of individual brush strokes and canvas texture gives results that are indistinguishable from handmade art. You make the creative choices while Snap Art takes care of all the tedious work of drawing brush strokes.
Snap Art® 2 creates beautiful, natural media artwork in a single step.
Render any image in an unlimited variety of real-world art styles including oil paint, pencil sketch, pen & ink, comics, and more. Great for stylizing photos or graphics, Snap Art works without laborious hand editing and is more versatile than Actions or brushes.
Conventional artists often use an underdrawing to outline key objects within a composition. This lightly drawn sketch serves as a guide and is usually painted or drawn over in the final composition. Similarly, Snap Art uses edge detection to discern the objects, edges, lines, and shapes of an original image. Then, using this outline, an advanced paint engine strokes and fills this outline using the brushes and colors you specify. This allows realistic reproduction of detail, but balances that realism with convincing artistry.
Loaded with hundreds of settings, Snap Art distills this complicated process down to a single step. Simply find the factory setting that works for your image. And for the advanced user, detailed controls are available to fine tune a composition for the desired effect.
Sharp portraits are easy now.
• Version 2 of Snap Art can achieve higher levels of photorealism than version 1. Most filters now have a photorealism slider, so results are only abstract when you want them to be. This helps keep portraits clear and detailed.
• Focus regions have been added that let you control where detail is preserved. These oval regions are easily reshaped and moved by dragging them in the preview window. Focus regions are most often used on facial features in portraits.
Focus regions let you adjust local detail.
All of Snap Art’s presets have been improved and many more added. New in version 2, settings are grouped into categories to help you quickly find the style you are after. There are over 700 presets in Snap Art 2 and users can make even more.
Snap Art 2 takes advantage of multi-processors and multi-core CPU’s, making it significantly faster than version 1 on most computers. Now Snap Art 2 can work on images of any size, making it suitable for extremely large prints.
Snap Art turns a photo into a beautiful work of art with a single click. Choose from ten natural media and hundreds of styles, such as oil paint, watercolor, and pencil sketch. Detailed simulation of individual brush strokes and canvas texture gives results that are indistinguishable from handmade art. You make the creative choices while Snap Art takes care of all the tedious work of drawing brush strokes.
• Color Pencil: Uses hatching and shading techniques, as well as control over pencil width, pressure, and color to recreate an image as a sketch artist would. Additional options include a variety of paper stocks and lighting controls.
• Comics: Creates the comic strip look using posterized colors, shading, and halftoning. Control the number of colors and the size of the halftoning to render a unique look or mimic a specific artist such as Roy Lichtenstein.
• Impasto: A style of oil painting that creates a thick, textured layer of paint with visible strokes from the brush or painting knife. The Impasto filter emulates this technique using a variety of brushes, strokes and canvas types.
• Oil Paint: Models the thickness of stiff oils or the lightness of lean (thinned) paint. Control brush size, paint thickness, and stroke length to capture the richness of oils. Canvas and lighting controls complete the look of unparalleled realism.
• Pastel: Simulates a variety of pastel painting styles using regions of soft tone and color. Outline and accent with hard pastels, blend the bright colors of soft pastels, or mimic the smooth, intense colors of oil pastels.
• Pen and Ink: Recreates an image as monochrome dots, lines, and fills. Create realistic images with stippling, cross hatching and shading. Additional options include pen tip size, coverage, and stroke length.
• Pencil Sketch: Creates detailed drawings with graphite and charcoal. Create a detailed portrait with a soft pencil, a smoothly shaded landscape with charcoal, or a still life sketch with a hard pencil. This filter makes extensive use of hatching, cross hatching, and shading.
• Pointillism: Creates an image using dots of solid color that blend together when viewed from a distance. This style of painting was made famous by artists such as Seurat, Signac, and Cross. Tweak your effect by controlling dot size and color palette.
• Stylize: Converts images into smooth regions of color. This filter can create a posterized Pop Art look or flowing line art and logos. Additional controls add texture and determine the direction and intensity of the lighting.
• Water Color: Simulates the soft color washes created by watercolor paint and paper. Control brush size and style - including wet and dry brush - to preserve the fidelity of the original image. Paper choices include various textures for Hot press, Cold press, and Rough paper types.
Snap Art is a plug-in and must be used with one of the following host programs:
Adobe Photoshop CS or later
Adobe Photoshop Elements 4 or later
Adobe Fireworks CS3*
Corel Paint Shop Pro XI or later
*Adobe Fireworks compatibility note: Due to bugs in Fireworks’ support for Live Effects, we do not support using Alien Skin plug-ins as Live Effects in Fireworks CS3. Filters can be launched from Fireworks’ filter menu without problems.
System requirements : Windows XP or later