Alien Dominion: The Acronian Encounter | PC | 2010 | English | 284,8 Mb
Genre: Rail Shooting
Take on the role of a gunner of a spaceship and take out the enemies that attack you, with your laser weapons. Featuring beautiful graphics, explosively fast game-play and a lot of hours of fun while fighting through hordes of alien fighters, drones and mother-ships through space to ultimately reach Earth and inform the fleet of the impending attack!
Can you survive all of the 6 worlds of total annihilation and destruction, over 1000 alien fighters and drones, with a couple of mother-ships launching wings like crazy?
In this space shooter the player is in a role of a turret gunner/shooter serving on a deep space exploration mission. Encountering an alien race while scanning for mineral rich asteroids in the region, the conqueror race starts it’s attack right at the beginning. As it later turns out, the region is not dense with minerals – it is rich with hostile vessels…
The player is in a role of a gunner/shooter of a ship escaping an alien invasion in order to warn the rest of humanity of the incoming attack. It’s basically a rail shooter, so the player does not control the ship only defends it.
There are 2 gun groups attached to the ship: upper and lower. As the player drags the mouse the cannon groups are switched to cover all the space around the ship. Each level is all about the same thing, taking out the enemy ships that keep following you.
The levels last for 10 minutes each and are finished once the player reaches that time point – and is alive. The last level lasts a bit longer (15 minutes).
After the level completion there is a shop with various utilities and armaments. Eg. better guns, shields, time-warp (slowdown), gun enhancements etc. Money(crystals) is gained by destroying alien ships – the better shooter you are more crystals for use in the shop.
At least 70 minutes are required to finish this game – if you survive all the levels in a raw, that is. So the game itself can provide hours and hours of quality audio/visual/gaming experience. The game lenght is similar as in popular top-down shooter games.
Here are some key features of "Alien Dominion: The Acronian Encounter":
· Fastest and most intense 3d space shooter you have ever seen – feel free to compare it to other games!
· The ship is driven by the pilot, and you defend with 2 turrets (upper and lower) covering all the space around the vessel (this is a 3d space “rail” shooter)
· Unique feel of intense battle and adrenalin pumping trough your veins
· 6 blood pounding missions with great heavy metal tracks while shooting down the invading force, with an option of muting the music if you rather prefer silence or playing some custom tunes on your favorite player in the background
· Hours and hours of fun play before you successfully survive the last world and inform humanity about the Acronians – rewarded by a neat animation at the end
· Over one hour of constant action needed to finish the game (if you survive all the levels in a row, that is…)
· 4 levels of difficulty (Rookie, Normal, Ace and Abnormal)
· Incredible space environments and planets (you can’t land, that’s a decoration only, but very detailed I should add). Indie or casual games ususally do not have that.
· Flexible graphics settings to meet your hardware – indie or casual games ususaly do not have this
· 3d explosions with debris falling of everything you shoot at, plus beautiful particle effects
· Shop available at the end of each level: weapon, add-ons, shields, utilities, repair-bots… everything to make you happy.
· Intro and game complete cut-scenes
· Listen to in game chat of pilot, gunner and the ship’s AI to find out what happened meanwhile…
· OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
· CPU: 2 GHz
· Video: 256 MB video memory
· RAM: 2 GB
· sound card