Algodoo is a 2D‐simulation environment for creating interactive scenes in a playful, cartoony manner, making use of the physics that we use to explain our real world. Algodoo is designed to encourage young people’s own creativity, ability and motivation to construct knowledge. The synergy of science and art makes Algodoo as educational as it is entertaining. Algodoo applies a constructionists learning paradigm ‐ learning by designing, constructing and exploring physical systems.
* Functionality: create and edit scenes using simple drawing tools, save and load scenes, start and stop simulation, interact with simulation by click, drag, tilt and shake. Add color traces, force and velocity vectors for enhanced visualization.
* Physics: rigid bodies, fluids, chains, gears, gravity, contacts, friction, restitution, springs, hinges, lock, motors, light rays, optics.
* User community: Algodoo has a large and active community where you can exchange your created scenes and simulation videos. Among the users are youths, animators, teachers and science centers.
* Portal: The algodoo.com portal is a wiki and thus enables educators to efficiently exchange ideas, lectures and scenes.
* Methods: Algodoo is based on the latest technologies for interactive multiphysics simulation, including variational mechanical integrators and high performance numerical methods.