Agnitum Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 v6.5.2509 | File-Size: 45.21 MB
Proactive Protection for Intelligent Internet Users
What you get:
* Advanced firewall for secure connections
* Combined antivirus and antispyware for all-in-one malware defense
* Host protection to block zero-day threats
* Web control to protect your PC from web-borne threats
* Antispam to automatically keep your inbox junk-free
Safety on the Internet
The two-way firewall stops inappropriate or malicious access to your computer from both internal (LAN) and external (Internet) sources. As a frontline defense, it prevents malware from spreading or “phoning home”, providing protection against hackers, loss of personal data, unknown malware, and unauthorized program activity.
Preemptive threat protection
Outpost’s Host Protection module monitors how programs interact to protect your system against high-level security breaches and has passed all well-known leaktests to prevent unauthorized transmission of information from your PC.
360-degree protection against malware
The lightweight, highly-effective scanning engine combines award-winning anti-virus and anti-spyware to detect, disinfect or remove malicious programs automatically. The on-access monitor is constantly on guard against malware attempting to enter or activate on your PC, and the on-demand scanner will inoculate dormant threats in specified locations.
The antispam module will keep your inbox free of junk. You can train it to recognize and use your personal definition of spam, so it becomes more efficient and an even greater time saver the longer you use it.
Secure web surfing
The versatile Web Control module safeguards you against the Internet’s darker side. It steers you away from websites infected with drive-by downloads, prevents the inadvertent disclosure of personal information, limits your exposure to potentially unsafe web properties, and keeps your identity private.
Outpost cannot be deactivated by targeted attacks, ensuring continuity of protection.
No matter what you do on an Outpost-protected computer, it will always feel like it’s brand new because the program uses so few system resources. The key engine has been optimized to deliver revolutionary speed efficiency, so you can focus on using your computer productively, not worrying about security issues.
Power without complexity
Whether you’re a security novice or expert, you can easily configure Outpost Security Suite 2009 to meet your needs. Thanks to automated and context-sensitive help, the software can learn how to handle firewall alerts and more efficiently adjust to them, so you can focus on what you want to do, and leave the security to Outpost!
Outpost Security Suite Pro 2009 (6.5.2509.366.0663)
Release date: 25 december 2008
The following improvements are introduced:
* Security and Control:
o Heuristic malware scan of startup entries in On-Demand Scanner;
o Support for greater number of packers and archivers;
o Attempts to get direct access to disk and attempts to terminate processes are now controlled by Anti-Leak Control;
o Warning on termination of critical system processes;
o Block All mode allows local traffic;
o Improved ICMP settings (now include ICMPv6).
* Performance and Ease of Use:
o Quick signature detection algorithm;
o Improved SmartScan technology performance;
o Improved Rules Wizard prompts:
+ Ability to add address to IP Blockpost list;
+ Ability to terminate process;
+ Ability to apply presets in the Anti-Leak prompt dialog;
o Ability to select components to install;
o Automatic configuration of LAN settings for Internet Connection Sharing;
o Ability to clear all logs from UI;
o System tray icon animation during update;
o Updates and scheduled scans disabled in Entertainment mode.
The following issues are resolved (only significant ones are listed):
* Anti-Spam whitelist rules didn't work;
* Logs couldn't be displayed when UAC is activated on Windows Vista x86, more minor log problems;
* Sending and receiving of e-mails could be blocked;
* Internet could be blocked on sending large attachments;
* Anti-Leak prompt dialog could freeze under certain conditions (Punto Switcher);
* Several most commonly reported crashes of UI and service, including:
o Possible crash on first system restart ("Error: 157");
o Possible crash while scrolling through the Host Protection components list;
o Possible crash on collecting SmartScan data during installation on x64 platforms;
o Possible crash on content filtering;
* Could not finish anti-spam training with enabled UAC;
* System tray shortcut menu and main window could not be open if Aston shell is used;
* Possible freeze during malware scan;
* Anti-Malware component could not sometimes detect malware on remote disks;
* Files were not cured during scanning remote folders;
* Empty records in the Mail Events log after e-mail filtering;
* After selecting Block and Terminate action, repeated connection requests were displayed for terminated application;
* ICMP traffic was allowed without any requests;
* Remote folders could not be opened in the Select Files and Folders dialog of On-Demand Malware Scanner (request for connection credentials was displayed);
* op_mon.exe file was detected as suspicious;
* Malware exclusions did not work on Windows Vista/Longhorn;
* Issues when quarantining multiple files;
* SmartScan cache was not reset after update;
* More minor and interface issues.
ОS: Windows 98/ME/2000/XP/Vista