Advanced Installer Enterprise 7.7 build 28804 | 31.71 MB
Advanced Installer is a Windows Installer authoring tool which enables developers and system administrators to easily build reliable MSI packages. Advanced Installer is a useful tool for administrators and developers which allows them to create reliable MSI packages.
Windows Installer is becoming the "de facto" software installation technology on Windows. Being preinstalled on the latest Microsoft operating systems, and also bundled with the most popular productivity packages (Office, etc.) this software installer provides a significant number of power features that improve application management and administration.
This power doesn't come without pitfalls, and the most important of them all is the complexity. Creating an MSI file requires careful planning and editing of dozens of database tables.
Hundreds of pages of documentation must be read, countless lists of rules must be followed. Building a Windows Installer package may take days or even weeks. This is where a MSI creation tool comes to help.
*Advanced Installer makes MSI creation a snap
*Advanced Installer integrates in automated build tools
*Install and register the resources composing your application
*Search, download and install Prerequisites
*Organize your application in modules and components
*Secure and choose your package's presentations
*Extend the installation process with Custom Actions
*Customize the installation User Interface
Changes in Version 7.7 (June 17th, 2010):
* Visual Studio add-in installation
* HTTPS/SSL configuration for IIS websites
* Support .NET 4.0 for IIS configurations
* Browse IIS Application Pools on a web server
* Selective file association registration
* Detect services, drivers, file associations, environment variables and assemblies in Repackager scan results
* Global search in project
* .NET Framework 4.0 predefined launch condition and prerequisite
* Visual Studio 2010 project import
* Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable predefined prerequisite
* Visual Studio 2010 F# Runtime 2.0 predefined prerequisite
* Windows Management Framework predefined prerequisites
* SQL Server Compact 3.5 SP2 predefined launch condition and prerequisite
* SQL Server 2008 Express SP1 predefined launch condition and prerequisite
* SQL Server 2008 R2 predefined launch condition and prerequisite
* Direct table editor for merge module projects
* Detect and allow inclusion of Visual Studio merge modules
* Over 41 enhancements and bug fixes
Home page -