Adobe InCopy CS5 7.0.2 | 576.13 Mb
A professional writing and editing solution, Adobe® InCopy® CS5 software tightly integrates with Adobe InDesign® CS5 software. Enable a parallel workflow between design and editorial staff, precisely fit copy to layout, and efficiently meet editorial deadlines. You will be able to deliver content that will support both print and digital publications, thus simplifying the process of designing unique content for several audiences. InCopy includes workflow technology that enables designers and editors to work on the same InDesign document simultaneously without interfering with each other's work. InCopy is designed to scale to the needs of small, medium, and large content publishers.
The InCopy software has three viewing modes: Story mode, Galley mode, and Layout mode. The Story mode is for text reading and editing in a screen-wide, word-processor view without the publication page formatting.
The Galley mode view displays the text in a word processing view without page formatting but with line numbers and the same line breaks as in the layout. Both Galley and Story views reveal text that is overset in Layout view, and show the names of the style sheets applied to the text; but do not display the actual formatting. The Layout mode shows the true page design layout displaying every format applied to the text and all the images.
• Parallel collaborative workflow: Experience tight integration between Adobe InCopy and InDesign software for a parallel workflow in which local and remote writers, editors, and designers can simultaneously work on a single InDesign document without overwriting each other's contributions.
• Flexible page views: Edit in the view most suited to your current task. Gallery View displays 100% accurate line breaks, Story View enables faster word processing, and Layout View lets you edit text in relation to the design.
• Precise copyfitting: View copyfit information as you work. Constant visual feedback informs you of space remaining — or how far you've gone over — as well as story depth and line, word, and character counts.
• Powerful tools for editorial productivity: Work more efficiently with the redesigned Links panel for easy management of all placed files; paragraph and character styles, which ensure typographical consistency; the ability to easily resolve style conflicts in imported Microsoft Word documents; and more.
• Intelligent editorial collaboration: Easily track text changes across your entire InCopy CS4 document, including tables. Hide, show, navigate, and accept or reject changes, and store annotations in notes tied to specific positions in a story or table cells.
• Flexible workspace: Take advantage of a flexible workspace that lets you invoke multiple views of different documents in a single uncluttered window, tab through open documents to find the one you need, and quickly switch between task-based workspaces.
• Professional typography: Apply a wide range of precise typographic adjustments such as leading, letter spacing, and paragraph spacing; use OpenType fonts and Unicode character encoding; and easily insert glyphs using the Glyphs panel.
• Access to Adobe ConnectNow: Share your screen and collaborate in real time with team members — regardless of their locations — using Adobe ConnectNow. Work across platforms and invite up to two online guests at a time by accessing the web-based Adobe ConnectNow service through InCopy.
• Long-document support: Quickly produce multiple versions of a document from a single source file thanks to new support for conditional text, and create cross-references that update as content changes or moves within an InDesign document.
• Multichannel publishing: Easily develop and deliver content for both print and digital documents. A new panel enables easy hyperlink creation, and you can export files to Adobe PDF for print or web viewing.
What's new in Adobe InCopy CS5 CS5 7.0:
* Eyedropper tool: Pick up the style of one text selection and apply it to another for hassle-free formatting.
* Track Changes enhancements: Accept or reject changes on a per-user basis for greater flexibility and editorial control.
* Paragraphs that split columns: Quickly turn any text selection into multiple columns within an existing text frame.
* All-new Layers panel: Hide or lock obscuring layout elements to easily access the text in a multilayered document.
* Faster saving with multithreading: Take advantage of advanced multithreading technology to close documents and save changes to multiple stories faster.
* Enhanced Links panel: Manage placed files in your InCopy documents and see metadata including keywords, headline, and description.
* Paragraphs that span columns: Make single-column text span multiple columns — no dedicated text frame needed.
* Adobe Mini Bridge: Browse hard-drive files and drag them into assigned frames — all from within InCopy.
* Acrobat.com Buzzword support: Easily place copy written in Acrobat.com Buzzword into editable InCopy text frames.
* Document-installed fonts: Avoid the inconvenience of missing fonts. When you open an InCopy story, InCopy CS5 automatically looks for an associated Document fonts folder, installs the folder's fonts temporarily for use in the story, and then uninstalls the fonts when you close the story. The appropriate font licenses are still required for any party opening, editing, or printing the story.