Active Desktop Calendar v7.76 Build 090410 | 4.07 MB
This application is a software calendar with appointments notes, tasks, alarms and contacts that provides seamless integration and interactivity with the desktop background. You can organize your data in layers and share them with other people on a local area network.
The program can integrate with Outlook to show its appointments and tasks on the desktop. There are options for changing calendar icons, fonts and colors, marking weekdays of choice and marking dates with notes and/or alarms. You can have a text only version of the calendar and choose between displaying one, two or three months on the desktop.
Recurrence patterns are available for both notes and alarms. An alarm can be stand alone or attached to a note. If interactive desktop option is enabled, the program accepts direct clicks on dates, notes and tasks displayed on the desktop. You can set each note to normal, private or invisible desktop view. Private notes are displayed as generic text reminder and invisible notes are not displayed at all.
Printing calendar data is easy and includes an option to choose date range for printing notes. Built-in address book allows you to maintain detailed information about all your contacts, personal and business alike. Importing contacts from Outlook, Outlook Express and Windows Address Book is possible.
Google Calendars are supported through direct connection with their iCal addresses. Special desktop pictures option will let you add some of your pictures to existing desktop background. For importing and exporting calendar data the program supports iCal and comma separated values CSV formats. Tablet PC users should not worry as the program detects desktop orientation changes automatically. Finally, Active Desktop Calendar comes with world clock screen saver that shows your computer's system time, plus five major time zones around the world.
Features of "Active Desktop Calendar":
· Blends data with desktop wallpaper
· Calendar, notes, tasks, alarms, contacts
· Many recurrence patterns for notes/alarms
· Interactive desktop interface
· Fully customizable (icons, fonts, colors)
· Data export/import/print (CSV, iCal supported)
· Each user profile has its own data set
· Detects Tablet PC desktop orientation
· Dual/multi monitor systems supported
· Group calendar data in layers
· Share data layers on a local area network
· Direct connection with Outlook
· Google calendar support
· 32 MB RAM
· New option named Calculate Days Between allows you to find out how many days there are between two given dates. You can choose the calculation that includes or excludes end date from the count. The result includes the information about the number of weeks and how many working days and weekend days exist in the selected period.